Positive test at dad's home (staff)

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
I think Dad's home have been brilliant at dealing with the pandemic. They have been very careful and staff are being tested every week and residents each month. It's also a small home. Visits have (sadly) been very limited. I honestly thought the risk was very minimal, but I did know where the potential gap was - the staff who have families at home and are coming and going on public transport.

I got a call today to tell me a member of staff has tested positive. There has been an increase in cases in the general area so I suppose it's not a total surprise. The staff member in question was on leave the week before they tested positive so in fact had very little - possibly no - contact with residents or staff. They have no symptoms. They will not return to the home until they have tested negative.

I am of course hoping it's a false positive. Residents are being tested this week and we will be told if there are further positive test results. It's a waiting game now.

I had felt guilty about not going down to wave through the window last week when I had some leave but glad I didn't go down there now given the uptick in cases as we would have been putting my other relatives at risk here as well then.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Hope that your Dad is ok, Mum has tested positive twice, first time with minor symptoms and then later with no symptoms. Sadly there is always going to be a risk from staff, but it sounds like the home is coping very well as is mum's nursing home, but it is still a worry for us. Take care

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
Hope that your Dad is ok, Mum has tested positive twice, first time with minor symptoms and then later with no symptoms. Sadly there is always going to be a risk from staff, but it sounds like the home is coping very well as is mum's nursing home, but it is still a worry for us. Take care
Thanks I don't really know how to feel about it but I am sorry to hear your mum has tested positive twice. I know they are doing their best!

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
It must be hard hearing the news so I hope your Dad is fine too. Have they or are they going to test all the residents again now based on the staff member testing positive.

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
It must be hard hearing the news so I hope your Dad is fine too. Have they or are they going to test all the residents again now based on the staff member testing positive.
Thank you. As it happens they were already going to test this week as they test residents monthly so it's oddly good timing. So they are all being tested and I will hear if anyone tests positive.
I follow cycling and with road racing starting again I have been hearing a lot about false positives - maybe that is giving me false hope!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan