Positive Action from GP

Hibni

Sep 16, 2013
I've read a lot of negative posts about GPs on this forum but here's a positive one! This morning I had a phone call from Mum's GP's surgery to say that her GP would like to set up a care plan for Mum which would be available should she need to go to hospital. Also, would I mind if the care plan were made available to other health professionals.

Mum's AD is still mild even though we noticed the symptoms 4 years ago and she got a formal diagnosis just over 3 years ago. As such, I hadn't thought that a care plan was necessary yet. However, I'm not going to refuse the offer from her GP! It may be a while before it happens but so far I'm impressed! :)

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Lovely to hear a good news story about the Health Service for a change. All you usually hear about is complaints. Well done Hibni's mum's GP

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
That's really good. :) Progress.When I went with my friend recently to a new GP she is proactive and also said 'I want to and will help you':) and she has and is:)

Hibni

Sep 16, 2013
Took Mum earlier this week to her GP for the Care Plan consultation. It's something that the NHS are pushing for certain categories of people (not sure if that's age or dementia). The GP admitted that it was a bit of a tick box exercise, but it gave us the opportunity to discuss Mum's situation. We finished up with a document that contains all the information that would be required on admission to hospital. Therefore should Mum need to go into hospital I can hand in the Care Plan and she (or I) won't be bombarded with a series of questions. At least, that's the theory. I hope I never have to test it, but we never know.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Took Mum earlier this week to her GP for the Care Plan consultation. It's something that the NHS are pushing for certain categories of people (not sure if that's age or dementia). The GP admitted that it was a bit of a tick box exercise, but it gave us the opportunity to discuss Mum's situation. We finished up with a document that contains all the information that would be required on admission to hospital. Therefore should Mum need to go into hospital I can hand in the Care Plan and she (or I) won't be bombarded with a series of questions. At least, that's the theory. I hope I never have to test it, but we never know.

Thats good, just make sure the medication list is updated as needed.
It's always the first question, " What tablets are being taken?"

Bod

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976