Popped into dad yesterday.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I went to see dad after mum yesterday. He was asleep on arrival as usual. He had eaten his lunch but not drunk his drink. So I made him another. He has lost more weight but that is expected. His breathing is noticeably worse but I am assuming that is to do with the low folate, kidney disease , heart disease etc. Nothing has been written in the notes except to say he has been coughing more.He is very quiet and he wasn’t happy that I didn’t stay long.He is no longer reading his papers. There were 3 piled on top of each other.I took away the old ones so he could look at that days. He is leaning to the left as usual. Still using the Sara Stedy. Nobody is using the stand aid. I give up. When he falls that will be their problem. They are very short of time now and people are leaving all the time.
They are using the commode. Even miss perfect. I complained to the manager when she asked me about the care. I expressed my concerns. The toilet has not been leaking for a while now. He is not retaining much now and it is the same constant questions. Again I was glad to be going away ? I checked his urine output. Overnight it has been 600mls 40 mls lunchtime 50 mls teatime 120 mls going to bed. Not a lot.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I am so sorry @TNJJ . I dont know how you cope with both parents.
I dont think anything will change now until he has a fall, or ends in hospital with something else.
The low output is probably just reflecting that he is forgetting/unwilling to drink.
Do you think his body might be beginning to close down?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I am so sorry @TNJJ . I dont know how you cope with both parents.
I dont think anything will change now until he has a fall, or ends in hospital with something else.
The low output is probably just reflecting that he is forgetting/unwilling to drink.
Do you think his body might be beginning to close down?
Personally yes I do. As the doctors are not going to prescribe anything for the folate or low thyroid as it is of no benefit,I’m thinking the doctors are thinking the same.
Dad is forgetting to drink but he says he has no interest in it. So, I think there is nothing to be done anymore. I’m just going to let nature dictate now( unless in pain ). It seems to be the way it is heading.