Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
but I just wimp out at being sick. X

Well who can blame you for that, Pied? Not me. I gallop off full tilt in search of a bucket at the faintest whiff of vomit. Not for the poorly person, but for me. :D
And on one famous occasion when I was supposed to be helping, I fainted on hearing my mum cry out in pain. So I guess we all have our Achilles' heels. Some people would run away at the sight of a class of schoolkids. :cool:

Last edited:

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Pied,

I think it is wonderful that you heard your mum say she would be alright. I think, as others have said, that she was happy for you to go and leave her. She knows your love and how much you have cared, and still are caring for her.

Take the chance to rest while your sister takes the reins. Try to get some rest tonight.

Thinking of you. Hugs, Jan x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Pied

Be comforted by hearing your Mum say she was alright. As Jan said, she knows you love her, how much you care for her, and it sounds like she was reassuring you. It does not matter than you could not hear all she said, that happens, but somehow she managed to let you hear those words.

You are doing all you can do. Loving and caring. Deborah is right when she says that things can completely overwhelm you when your body is so tired and weary.

Wishing for your Mum a peaceful night, and that you will go to bed and rest, and hopefully get some much needed sleep.

My thoughts and love,

Loo xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I've just rung the home (didn't want to call my sister if she's asleep) and M said mum has had a comfortable night and is smiling serenely. She said my sister has probably had a worse night as the girls had to wake her every time they turned mum!
I'm going to try and sleep a little longer now. Then ill go in
Later. Sorry for all the typos. I've still got a headache after yesterday and I hardly ever get headaches.
Florence43 rang last night and we had such a lovely chat. It's great to hear how well she's doing after losing her mum 18 months ago. Our mums lived parallel lives for a while and I never thought mum would carry on this long. If you look in, Annie, thanks for the chat. And thanks to those who have texted too. You know who you are! Xxxx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Pied , Am sorry you have a bad head not nice at all but guess its the body 's way of coping with all the upset ( nasty man & broken Bed ) & stress Glad your Mum had a peaceful night tho & you are feeling a little better soon

Take care & sending much Love & Comfort

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x x x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Pied,

It is good to read that you have good support. I'm glad your mum had a peaceful night. It's a shame about the headache you have but not surprising. I do hope you feel better soon.

Love

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Ah thanks so much. Sis has texted saying that Mum is smiling. She had half a cup of very thickened tea for breakfast. They are going to do the same for lunch I think.
I am marking a set of books having done 4 loads of washing and cleaned the bathroom and kitchen. Well ok then maybe not clean the kitchen as throw away some mummified broccoli and a wizened pepper from the fridge salad drawer.
Love

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
A little update, mum has been unsettled since lunch. Sis is still there and I have caught up on jobs and had a doze on the sofa. Ill make tea tonight.
My sister said she thinks Mum will carry on for a long while yet. Hmm not so sure myself. X

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Pied

I hope your Mum settles soon, I know how hard this is for you and that you need to see that your Mum is settled and peaceful.

Love and Hugs Helen xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Hi, we are both home tonight. Mum needed a rest from us I think! She had some tea. The carers wouldn't allow Sis to feed her but Sis wasn't very happy with the speed of the shovelling and made them stop. Not til Mum had been made uncomfortable though. I've done a lot of reading and it seems you must be careful when feeding people who are nearing death as its easy to over feed and their tired digestive systems can't cope. I instinctively feel Mum needs hardly any food now but they keep shovelling! I really do think it comes close to force feeding. Nurse put a chocolate button in Mum's mouth and Mum spat it out 3 times before nurse gave up! This is what I mean about good nurses.

Anyway I was just about to call the home now and the phone rang. Since its 11 pm I started shaking thinking it was the home but it was my BiL to speak to my sis so I had to take her the phone. And I'm in bed.

Well I'm hoping to get to the home for breakfast tomorrow.
Sleep well everyone. X

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Pied,

I hope you get a really good rest.

I just can't understand this shovelling of food into someone so weak as your mum:eek:

Love

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Oh Pied feel sorry for you ( family Phone Call at 11 00 pm ) if its not one thing Pied its another ! ( Shame your B - in - law could not have waited & called earlier or Sunday rather than :eek: you Pied )

Agree with you about less or no food for your dear Mum , am :confused: as to why she is being given her meals (especially as she 's on the L C P )

Sending Healing Vibes & Much Love , Comfort & Support too you Pied that you are coming out the shock ( phone call ) & you are able to have some rest / sleep

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x x x x x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thanks Grove. I mostly slept last night. So what do you do in your n home when people are on the LCP then? Do you stop feeding? All this just seems to be prolonging things. I really don't think the food is doing anything other than making mum feel ill. I don't think it's being digested; it's just making her feel very sick.
It's an emotive topic because of course there's the argument that the other side of the coin is that you're starving someone. I think you only do that if you withhold food a person needs to eat to function. I don't think my mum has much use for food any more and that it's a habit to think that food will somehow cure her. Maybe I'm just wrong. It doesn't really matter either way because the staff are intent on offering food. The thing is their offering is my idea of pushing.
Poor mum is so weary she can barely chew and then swallowing takes an almighty effort. I prefer it when she has a little thickened tea. She seems to enjoy that and keep it down much better. Surely it's about responding to what makes the person comfy? I'm only going by how Mum is after meals which is always scary and dreadful at the moment to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman