Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Pied , Hope your Mum is as comfty as she can be & am glad you were able to sort out the Care / Work blance

Thinking of you & your dear Mum & sending much Love , Peace & Support

Love & Hugs Love Grove x x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I've just caught up with this thread again - don't know how I missed it.
I'm really sorry that your mother is so poorly. You must be so devastated.
I am shocked to hear she is now on the LVP. Your poor mother has been so poorly before and has fought so hard I' m sure she must be worn out. Poor lady - and poor Pied. You must be so tired.
Sending sympathy and compassion.x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thanks Grove and Sally. I came home at 4 as my sister arrived and is doing the evening. It's so nice to be at home knowing she is there. I don't have to worry about phoning as she is there.
My sis said Mum ate some custard at tea time, just a few teaspoons full but she managed them. I'm really wondering how this is going to go. When I left, I said to the nurse, Mum seems so bright, and she replied, well they can go very up and down. It doesn't mean she is necessarily going to get better. Don't get your hopes up kind of thing.
I went to work wondering if I was doing the right thing but this could go on for weeks I guess. I read that the average time of survival after going on the LCP is 29 hours. Well she's beaten the average already. I wish at times like this I didn't work and I could give all my attention to my mum. Still at least my sister is here and she is going to do tomorrow and I will go to work.
Thanks for all the love and hugs.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Sorry Saffie I was typing as you posted. That's dear of you, thanks for the post. I cannot believe they haven't made a mistake. I cannot believe mum is dying. She seems no worse today than she has been before. Maybe I am in denial? I don't know what to make of it.
Xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Pied , Good to read your Sister is at your Mum 's side that must be a comfort for you & your dear Mum sounds like she 's a true fighter

Hope you both have a peaceful night

Much Love & Support

Love Grove x x x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I can understand your doubts, Pied, because your mother has been so poorly before and well - she rallied didn't she. Quite a fighter your mum, bless her.
She will know when it's the right time and no carer can prejudge her.
I hope she remains peaceful and in no pain. That is what I would like for myself and I'm sure you would too. I hope you manage to have some rest. I'm thinking of you both. x

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
If your mum is still eating a couple of spoonsful and taking in liquid she might be able to keep going. I know she has rallied so often that you can't see this time as any different from before because she has always got through it. I do think you will know in your heart whether it is time or not, even though your head might dismiss it.

Big hugs.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I just looked out the window and my sis's car is on the drive. I didn't hear her - must have been asleep. So she must feel Mum was stable enough to leave her.
Tomorrow is another day eh?
Thanks everyone. Sleep well xxxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Oh slept on and off thanks Izzy. I'm feeling a bit sick, think its just tiredness.
Luckily my sister is staying at mine which is a huge help. Mum is comfy so I'm going to work though I just feel I could sleep all day.
I just spoke to the night nurse. It's M, my favourite night nurse. She said she held Mum's face in her hands and Mum smiled. She said Mum accepted mouth care some of the time but not others.
They are doing mouth care with black currant juice which I find odd. My MIL had glycerin solution which I feel is moister and less sticky. Thoughts?
I hope you all have a peaceful day.
With love, Pied xxxx

Nebiroth

Aug 20, 2006
There seems to be a consensus in the various pertinent nursing guides that glycerin can have the perverse effect of drying out the mouth even though it may initially moisturise. However, it may still be used to clean the mouth and to help moisturise the lips.

Black-currant might be a way of inducing your MIL to take in some fluids. It could be a flavour she finds appetising, or just a personal preference of the attending nurses who have successfuly used it in the past.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Good morning Pied,

I loved your reply to me about 'care'.

Running a marathon would be easier than what you are having to do!! Yours is more like an obstacle course - maybe a marathon obstacle course!! Weekend is coming and I do hope you manage to get some rest.

Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar