Status
Not open for further replies.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
What's the next line?

When you know the notes to sing....

The prize is a Swiss cuckoo clock.

Thanks for your entry Dazmum and your kindness. It actually is The Hills Are Alive right now as I type. I've only heard it, oh, 100 times in the last fortnight!! Ha ha xx

Last edited:

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hi Pied

Sorry no advice to offer-bvut I will be thinking of you and your Mum all day. Your Mum is very lucky to have such a devoted daughter.

Love and a big wrap round hug.

Lyn T

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Am pleased your Mum is still sleeping & peaceful Pied & good the Nurse was caring in giving your Mum the Meds & has left you with a small syringe

Regarding the S Driver 's different C H firms might have their own rules & regs about when to use it Pied Also if your Mum is being given Pain Killer's there might not be any need for the S Driver ( Guess it all comes down to the phrase **Duty of Care ** which is often used these days for all types of care where ever that might be )

Sending much Love & BIG HUGS to you Pied

Enjoy the Sound of Music !

Love Grove x x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hi Pied , That Song is sung by the Guides at Camp fires etc & then they speed it up :) & some Guides do all the Hand Actions with the Guide sitting next to them ( when I do the Actions its never right with the next Brownie or Guide ! ) Done properly it is good :) tho & lovely to hear

Love Grove x x

P S Was your Mum a Brownie & Guide ? or Girls Brigade ? x

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
I was aware of the irony in that last question by the way. I think im trying to hold on to my sense of humour.

Mum is incredibly peaceful. Still fast asleep. Deeply sleeping. She's doing that big snores then no breathing at all for 15 seconds thing that she was doing last Tuesday.

Occasionally she will give an audible sigh or a huge yawn which isn't like her usual yawns - more like a gape. But she's very peaceful indeed.

We did manage to get a little baclofen into her earlier so that may have helped chill her out. X

No Grove Mum was never a brownie or guide that I know of. She did fall in the millpond and nearly drown. She went home without her shoes and got a smack. ;)

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
When the dog bites ..... when the bee stings ....... when I'm feeling sad .... I think you spell edelweiss just like that.

104 is a huge age. And I think it would be a grand age if we were well.

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
The cuckoo clock is in the post, along with a cheque from the health secretary to improve care. ;)

Well thank you Pied, and that song has been in my head all morning now.....it was my mum and dad's favourite film, I saw it about three times in the cinema when it first came out, once was with a brownie outing and then the brownies put it on as a show for parents, a little ambitious maybe, but it was the songs I think as we had no Captain Von Trapp of course! Brown Ale was Maria. Being so short, I got to be the youngest child, so had to do a solo in the 'So Long, Farewell song - I think it was all really rather terrible, but the parents were too kind to say so :D

Glad to hear that your mum is still peaceful xxxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Thanks Dazmum for that hilarious memory of your youth. Loved it. Chortled especially at Brown Ale and the thought of you being the shortest brownie. I don't know why I find that so amusing.

Anyway I have come home to a disgruntled Hubster - well it's Fathers Day isn't it so I shouldn't ask him to go to Morrisons. I've left mum exceptionally peaceful and smiling after a lunch of 4 tsps of yoghurt and 4 of thickened tea. She said a very clear "no" to a drink shortly after that and has settled back down to sleep. I'm very content so far today.
Hope you are having a good afternoon. I've just been out to fill my bird feeders with food. I have some special bird peanut butter that I spoon into a coconut shell. The blue tits love it. X

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
I've left mum exceptionally peaceful and smiling after a lunch of 4 tsps of yoghurt and 4 of thickened tea. She said a very clear "no" to a drink shortly after that and has settled back down to sleep. I'm very content so far today.
Hope you are having a good afternoon. I've just been out to fill my bird feeders with food. I have some special bird peanut butter that I spoon into a coconut shell. The blue tits love it. X

Good to hear, piedwarbler, contentment is highly underrated these days and seldom achieved. Hope your mum continues to rally and find her voice to let all know just what she wants.

Take care, Stephanie, xxx

geum123

May 20, 2009
Hi Pied,
I'm so glad that you Mum is still peaceful today.

My Dad was placed on the pathway, and my experience is exactly as Izzy's.
In our case the nursing home nurses were unable to administer because the local health board wouldn't pay for regular training that is required.
They did have a 'just in case' box though, and once Dads chest started to rattle he was given something to dry up the excretions and his mouth was regularly moistened.

When they thought he was distressed, district nurses were called in and they came in each day to administer morphine via the syringe driver. I seem to remember them saying that it was less distressing for him than an injection.

Heck, it is such a very sad and traumatic time.
Big hug coming your way, along with my thoughts of you all as ever.
xxxxxx

Oh no..........When the dog bites ..... when the bee stings ....... when I'm feeling sad.
Looks like I'm stuck with it too:D :D

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I simply remember my favourite things....
And then I don't feel so saaaaaaaddddd

Remember those favourite times Pied.

Hugs xxxxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

I'm back with Mum. Left her to get a sandwich and go for a swim, which was very therapeutic. We are playing Mum a CD of wave sounds and talking to her about Babbacombe. She refused her tea. She said no.

What has freaked Sis is that about an hour ago she said Mum opened her eyes and said, very clearly, "no, I won't go with you!"

What do you make of that? X

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Pied

I am following your thread and thinking of you and your Mum, and it so good to hear she has been peaceful. I hope this continues - after her waking and speaking those words so clearly. Shall look in later to hear how she is.

It is a difficult time, and rather weird.... How you feel, the thoughts going through your head.... Wondering if your Mum is thinking.... I sat for many hours with my Mum as she was dying. Unfortunately she was deaf and they later removed her hearing aids as they said she could not hear even with them on. I wish she could have heard, it is said hearing is the last sense to go and I wanted to talk to her. She seemed in such a deep sleep, I held her hand, stroked her face. Then once when I went to remove my hand to do something she held onto it fiercely, and I knew she knew I was with her.

Your Mum knows you are there and loving her. It is a fraught time and yet extremely special too.

Hope you get sleep tonight.

My love
Loo xx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
What a lovely comforting story about your mum, Loo. I am certain she will have known your touch.
My sister has returned to the home just now and I am going to sort the children out for tomorrow. My son has one A level exam left, on Thursday. Little P has said she doesn't want to visit grandma, but can I tell her when she passes, even if she is at school.
I feel sure Mum is on her final journey but my hubby said that my sister told him she thinks "a watched pot never boils".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heidi j