Poor Mum

Devonmaid

Sep 23, 2007
Dartmoor Devon
I havent been on here for ages, nothing really happening much until recently . My 92 year old Mum , a Vascular Demetia sufferer fell and broke her hip on Monday . She underwent an operation to replace the femeral head but hasnt eaten now for four days , flatly refusing food and is drinking very little . She isnt able to follow instructions as she is in advanced stages of demetia so simply doesnt understand how important it is for her to eat and to try and move . She is getting weaker by the hour, just lies with her eyes closed and doesnt speak at all . The name of hospital removed by moderator hospital have said that even if she survives the ordeal , they cant discharge her until she has the level of mobility she had prior to the fall , which was with a frame and I cant see it happening to be honest so heaven knows how this will all end , sorry just needed to write this down to those who understand .

Last edited by a moderator:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry Devonmaid. Your mother is too old and too frail to have to suffer this now.
I do hope she isn`t in pain.
I have deleted the name of the hospital in accordance with TP`s Terms and Conditions.

Devonmaid

Sep 23, 2007
Dartmoor Devon
Sorry Sylvia , never thought about putting the name of the hospital . Yes, Mum is far too old to cope with this , she was very frail before the fall and no longer knew anyone , this is too much for her , thank you for the kind words x