Poems section not private?

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
I was stunned to find this morning my recent poem "At the beach hut", plus all of the replies, in a grey band along the top of my computer screen under the heading "Suggested Sites". I was googling the local Macmillan Nursing telephone number and a local care home for palliative care, since my husband's underlying illness is a form of cancer of the bone marrow.

It is clearly headed Alzheimer's Talking Point and is a straight lift of the page from the Poems section. Does anyone know how this can have happened?

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
I thought that too, Lemony. I understood that everything in "The Lounge" i.e. Tea Room and Poems section, was only visible to people who had registered as on-line members. So how was it visible on a googled website? I am hoping that one of the Moderators can answer my question.

Love, Nan XXX

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I thought that too, Nan & Lemony.

Several people post in tea room because confidentiality is importand for them.

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
That sounds quite unsettling Nan.

I'm not sure what could have happened here, as posts in the Tea Room are only visible to registered members of the forum.

I'll ask our Web team to look into this on Monday. If you can send on any more information about this - for example a screen shot of the page that came up - that would be very helpful.

You can email me at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk.

Best wishes,

Katherine

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Nan,

I suspect that this is something relating to a feature that may be turned on in your browser or on your PC.

For example, there is a feature in Windows called Suggested Sites which is based on sites that you have already visited.

I don't use this feature, but there is more about it here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Suggested-Sites-frequently-asked-questions

That is more likely to be the case, rather than anything being accessible to the general public. In other words, what you're seeing is specific to a feature running on your PC and will not be visible to anyone else.

Take care,

Last edited:

TedHutchinson

Account Closed
May 20, 2009
Louth Lincs
I've tried logging out of the site and then trying to find
"At the beach hut"
Although I can find your initial post in this thread I can't find any link through any of the search engines to that thread in the poem section.
I pride myself on generally being able to find information on the net that most people can't find, so I don't think it's possible for people who are not site members to have access to the poems section.
I think it's because your computer knows the sites you usually link to and to which you have cookies enabled that allows you to see what people who are not members cannot see.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Thank you all for your replies.

I do in fact use Google Chrome, and if that is why the Suggested Sites came up with my pome - well, I s'pose that's all right. I am relieved, Ted and Amy, that neither of you could find the verses "outside" TP. I am afraid I am not techie-minded, Ted, and enabled cookies sound rather like some super-biscuit ...:eek::)

Love, Nan XXX