Podcast: hear stories from people affected by dementia

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Did you know that Alzheimer's Society has a podcast? It's a place where you can hear real stories, told through the voices of the people featured in our magazine, straight into your ears.

>Listen here<

photo-1505740420928-5e560c06d30e.jpeg

DannyR

Oct 28, 2011
www.alzheimers.org.uk
Thanks for sharing this, @HarrietD!

There are 38 magazine podcasts available just now, dating back to 2014, and you can play them online or download to listen later.

The first few are us reading an article out loud, but since the start of 2018 they feature our audio interviews of people with dementia, so you can hear each person speak in their own words with our writer, @Gareth_magazine.

In the most recent, you can listen to Gordon Lambert talk about his difficult childhood in Guyana, as well as life since being diagnosed with vascular dementia a few years ago.

Listen and let us know what you think!

Gareth_talking_to_Sue_Strachan.jpg

Gareth_magazine

Nov 4, 2016
Thanks Danny and Harriet - and looking ahead to later this month, our next podcast is with Masood Qureshi in Stoke. Masood was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and FTD in his 50s, and speaks to me in detail about coming to terms with life with dementia.

It's well worth listening to for that alone. However, because I met Masood before the coronavirus pandemic had really begun to take hold in the UK, it wasn’t discussed during our initial conversation. So I got back in touch with him at the end of March to see how he was managing under the new rules on social distancing. It'll all be included in the next podcast - available later this month :)