POA Certification

Lills

May 22, 2022
Hi everyone, I pray you can help me. After several long weeks I have had it confirmed that the POA (Finance) certification was forged, I have of course involved police, local social services and the OFG. Has anyone ever had this before and if so how did it end. Sorry to ask :(

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Lills
a warm welcome to DTP

that's quite a shock ... you must be concerned about being able to get proper LPAs in place
I haven't heard of this before ... I hope the OPG, police and socIal services will manage to sort out the situation

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Well Im totally discombobulated by that ?
I assume that you arnt the supposed attorney as you would know whether the person with dementia had signed and whether you had signed too!
If the person with dementia still has capacity they can do a real POA, otherwise someone will have to apply to the Court of Protection.

What the police/OPG will do probably depends on what the fake attorney has used the fake POA for.

Lills

May 22, 2022
Thank you so much for the warm welcome, it's a shock but not a surprise if you get me... I dunno what will happen now, Step Mom is in care home and lost capacity well before the POA was cone and registered, My Heart breaks for my Pop

Lills

May 22, 2022
I assume that you arnt the supposed attorney as you would know whether the person with dementia had signed and whether you had signed too!
If the person with dementia still has capacity they can do a real POA, otherwise someone will have to apply to the Court of Protection.

What the police/OPG will do probably depends on what the fake attorney has used the fake POA for.
Sadly the forgery is of a goverment official (Social Worker) completed by Step Mom family, My Dad is on the edge with this all as are me and My Brother who knew nothing about it

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It sounds like someone needs to apply to the Court of Protection for deputyship, which is very similar to POA. Anyone who was involved in forging the POA will not be allowed to apply. Is this perhaps something that you could do?

Lills

May 22, 2022
It sounds like someone needs to apply to the Court of Protection for deputyship, which is very similar to POA. Anyone who was involved in forging the POA will not be allowed to apply. Is this perhaps something that you could do?
I could but I am only Step Daughter, I am beside myself for My Dad and his Wife..... thank you for the advice thou x Dad wasn't involved at all in the forgery, could he apply

Lills

May 22, 2022

so sorry it's not a fake attourney its a fake certificate provider

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
So are you thinking that someone has forged a sigature (pretending to be the persons GP or something)

or

Someone you think shouldnt .isnt /entitld to , has signed as Cert provider?

How do you know/how has this become evident?

Last edited:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Sadly the forgery is of a goverment official (Social Worker) completed by Step Mom family, My Dad is on the edge with this all as are me and My Brother who knew nothing about it
Im lost now, I dont understand what is happening.
You dont have to have a SW sign a POA

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
This seems to suggest that the name given as Certificate Provider (CP) was that of a Social Worker. This would be fine if the CP knows the Donor and has done so for the relevant amount of time. Their occupation is irrelevant in that context. The CP role is to certify that the Donor is making the LPA of their own volition and not under duress. Having done so, they have no further role. If the person named as CP signed then that would be correct procedure. What the original post seems to claim is that the person who signed as CP was not the person named ie the signature was forged. Assuming that this could be proved, it would seem to invalidate the document. OPG advice on this would need to be sought and followed. It seems that this is underway.

Lills

May 22, 2022
Sorry yes, it was forged in the name of the social worker, she was contacted by Council last week, eventually and confirmed she had NOT signed it at all as she had concerns about the POA and capacity of the donor.... so OPG are involved as are the police and local authority.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Sorry yes, it was forged in the name of the social worker, she was contacted by Council last week, eventually and confirmed she had NOT signed it at all as she had concerns about the POA and capacity of the donor.... so OPG are involved as are the police and local authority.
Best let that take it's course and concentrate on obtaining a COP deputyship.
Meanwhile somebody could apply for free >>>DWP appointee<<< which will enable DWP pension and any benefits to be administered.

Is misappropriation of funds being investigated, this is a different matter to any forging of Certificate Provider's signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryMc086