POA and The Post Office

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by Kingfisher1, Jul 15, 2015.

1. DesperateJan

DesperateJan New member

Sep 29, 2017
    I am tearing my hair out trying to register LPA with Post Office Savings for my Mother. She has dementia and I registered the LPA with other banks etc with no problem. However, the Post Office savings seem to put up obstacles the whole time.
    Attempt 1 -I sent a solicitors certified copy of the LPA. They wrote back with a form saying the LPA hadn’t been signed correctly. They didn’t send the copy LPA so I could see what was wrong.
    Attempt 2-I asked the solicitor to try harder and sent it again. Again, the dreaded reject form this time saying that the solicitor wasn’t registered in uk (what?????)
    I then phoned the lovely people in Belfast who told me to get the LPA certified by Post office counters. ( by the way, when they put you on hold, their on hold music sounds broken and makes you want to die)
    Attempt 3 -sent the copy LPA duly signed by the very nice man at the post office.
    Just had the dreaded form back saying LPA must be signed by a solicitor.
    I simply don’t know what to do now.

2. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
  3. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester