POA and loans

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Pitcher15
well, we live and learn don't we
what you did was unwise, and you won't repeat it with your dad or your nan ... you didn't maliciously deprive your dad of his money ... and you have shown your good faith by repaying him as soon as you could
it's good that you documented everything and so can show that you have paid back all that you borrowed ... just double check that you have ... I think any LA carrying out a financial assessment would look at how realistic your dad's assets are and if they had concerns you can answer them with your records ... maybe add a sum for interest, which would allay any doubts
and separate out any accounts so your finances and your dad's are clearly demarcated

then put this behind you and concentrate on the challenges in the present and those to come

Pitcher15

Dec 23, 2012
Bridport, dorset
hi @Pitcher15
well, we live and learn don't we
what you did was unwise, and you won't repeat it with your dad or your nan ... you didn't maliciously deprive your dad of his money ... and you have shown your good faith by repaying him as soon as you could
it's good that you documented everything and so can show that you have paid back all that you borrowed ... just double check that you have ... I think any LA carrying out a financial assessment would look at how realistic your dad's assets are and if they had concerns you can answer them with your records ... maybe add a sum for interest, which would allay any doubts
and separate out any accounts so your finances and your dad's are clearly demarcated

then put this behind you and concentrate on the challenges in the present and those to come

Thank you so much, you’ve really helped, I’m glad someone replied as have now somehow deleted the post which took everything in me to write and one I really didn’t want to admit to. I just feel so ashamed but caring for a dad without a mum sometimes I physically couldnt make ends meet with working full time. Since I realised how massively I’ve mucked up I can’t physically relax and really don’t want to be made out a bad person. Thank you again xx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Pitcher15
you're not a bad person ... which bad person looks out for their dad and their nan and feels as you do
we all muck up ... the life trick is to learn from mistakes, make amends if we can and then move on with some new knowledge ... you're building resilience to cope with the challenges ahead
I hope getting this out in the open has lifted your spirits
your dad and nan are fortunate to have such a caring child and grandchild