PoA and change of address

Boldredrosie

Mar 13, 2012
Does anybody know if one needs to alert the Public Guardian when an attorney has moved? I'm my mum's attorney for financial affairs and have moved. I've been changing both her address to my new address as well as my own so that there's no chance of the myriad of official forms being squirreled away at her nursing home. Just been on the phone to one financial organisation and the address they hold for me is my old one, linked to when the PoA was registered.

So...do I need to inform the guardian too about my move?

spbeagle

Oct 20, 2016
Does anybody know if one needs to alert the Public Guardian when an attorney has moved? I'm my mum's attorney for financial affairs and have moved. I've been changing both her address to my new address as well as my own so that there's no chance of the myriad of official forms being squirreled away at her nursing home. Just been on the phone to one financial organisation and the address they hold for me is my old one, linked to when the PoA was registered.

So...do I need to inform the guardian too about my move?

I did, just phoned them up and informed them of my new address. They asked me a couple of questions about info in the PoA e.g where did Mum live when the PoA was made, and my old address and postcode, just to check who I was I suppose but is was very easy and straightforward.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alister