Pneumonia

Emomam

Nov 13, 2014
Yorkshire
Mum passed away peacefully yesterday. Me and my sister were with since Friday. We talked and talked and included her in the comversation although she was unconcious with the morphine. She finally went after we had decided on the funeral arrangements and I think we were ready for her to go. Friends and family had been to see her too. The care staff were wonderful and looked after us as well as checks on mum. They took care of everything when she died. Quite a few of the staff came to say goodbye too and when we left a lot of carers came to give us a hug and kiss. Mum touched a lot of people's hearts because she was polite, happy and loved everything right until the end. She told me she loved me nearly every day and never forgot my name. I've cried but I have some wonderful memories and am glad I could look after her and spend so much of the last 7 years with her. Now it's mine and my husbands time. I have to rebuild my life.
Talking point has kept me sane at times and with my experiences I hope I will be able to help other people and offer advise and help. Something I didn't have when I embarked on this journey.
Mum wrote her own funeral service (in 1995) including entrance and exit music, poems and readings. Unfortunately at some point between then and now she decided to amend some of it snd moved the will somewhere. Where, no one knows, plus the solicitors can't find a copy either. Oh joy.

Red66

Feb 29, 2016
Your Mum sounds a wonderful lady, those traits are deep inside of you. Stay strong, I am so sorry for your loss xxx

Chloebo

Feb 22, 2016
So sorry to hear your sad news too. I know you posted on my post and sent some really lovely thoughts - thank you. Such sad times. It sounds like you & your sister were/are lovely daughters and you were with your mum until the end, take comfort in this. I hope you can be strong to get you through this time. Lots of love to you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Emmy_83

Mar 8, 2014
Yorkshire
Re:

So sorry for your loss Emomam.

Having been through the same only last week I know just how hard it is but glad you were there until the end. I think it helped me to know that id been there with my mother and that my dad wasn't on his own and knew he was loved.

Xx

P.s Red66 I tried to DM you but it's telling me you've 'exceeded the stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until you clear some space.'

Last edited: