Pneumonia

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Tammy5, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Tammy5

Tammy5 Registered User

Jan 29, 2016
    Surrey
    we have just got back from a week in hospital with pneumonia on Tuesday. We have moved between bed and chair. I’m struggling to get food or fluids down. She looks so sad and moans and groans lots and is huffing and puffing with her breathing, no temperature. I dont know what to do and where we are going.

2. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    I’m sorry to read your news @Tammy5. Do you have district nurse support?

3. Tammy5

Tammy5 Registered User

Jan 29, 2016
    Surrey
    The district nurse came out because mum came out with moisture sores and said I’m doing what I should and requested an air mattress and signed us off again x

4. Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    That’s bonkers. I’d contact the GP & ask them to come out to assess what’s happening.

5. Tammy5

Tammy5 Registered User

Jan 29, 2016
    Surrey
    Mum
    Is self funding and I was waiting till we got home to see what we do about returning to a bit of day care or nurses coming in, it’s been a harsh week but has gone quickly so haven’t put extra care in place yet but know I have to. It’s horrid seeing her so sad. I know it’s going to take some time to recover even a little.

6. Tammy5

Tammy5 Registered User

Jan 29, 2016
    Surrey
    Back in with hospital acquired pneumonia

7. Amy in the US

Amy in the US Registered User

Feb 28, 2015
    USA
    Oh, no. I’m so sorry to hear that. How worrying this must be. Please keep us posted when you’re able. Best wishes.

8. Tammy5

Tammy5 Registered User

Jan 29, 2016
    Surrey
    Thank you Amy x

9. Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    I’m so sorry to hear that. Thinking of you.

10. Tammy5

Tammy5 Registered User

Jan 29, 2016
    Surrey
    Thank you x