Please say a prayer for Mary & give three cheers for her life..

germain

Jul 7, 2007
Hello all,

Just to let you know that our dear Mum, Mary, passed away at
3 a.m. this morning.

She had a really good and productive life so we would like to ask anyone who feels able to give three cheers for her life and the happy memories she has left us with.

Although this has been expected for over 5 years with AZ moving through the stages , it's still a shock when it happens so quickly - she took to her bed in the CH at 4.30 p.m. yesterday and less than 12 hours later was gone.

Staff at her CH have been wonderful - to all of you still worrying about their loved ones in care I would say - if you've found a good one its worth more than all the gold in the world.

All the best to everyone and good night at last.

Germain

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Germain,

Sweet is the sleep that ends all pain....your mum was blessed to have such wonderful care.

My prayers are with you at this sad time.

Deepest Sympathy, Taffy.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
anyone who feels able to give three cheers for her life and the happy memories she has left us with.
That is such a good way to look at such painful news. I'll certainly join in the cheers. Perhaps when you have time you might put a couple of photographs of the good times with her here on TP.

Your post is all about your Mum and not about your own feelings of loss. It is easy to wallow in these things but you haven't.

Please don't forget to take care of yourself over the coming days.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Please accept my condolences Germain.

`A really good and productive life`, what more could any, want to be said of us. :)

Take care now

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Please say a prayer for Mary & give three cheers for her life..

Germain, I'll certainly do both of those.

You were blessed to have such a lovely mum, and she was blessed to have you and the staff of the home to give her love and comfort at the end.

Love and best wishes,

clarethebear

Oct 16, 2007
manchester, uk
Hi Germain

Im sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family at this time in your lives.

I will join you in your 3 cheers.

Take Care
Clare

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Three cheers and a prayer for Mary

Dear Germain,
So sorry to hear of the loss of your 'Dear Mum', sending you all lots of Love and Hugs.
Thankyou for sharing your moving story.
Love,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Germain,

I'll add my 3 cheers and a prayer..

I'm glad you have such wonderful memories to comfort you.

My best wishes to you and your family.

Love Gigi x

barbara h

Feb 15, 2008
county durham
Dear Germain

I will certainly join in the cheers for your mam.
Pleased to hear she had such good care at the end of her life. Everyone deserves that.

Barbara x

117katie

Dear Germain

Shall do as you ask - and give three cheers for your Mum's life.

May I also give an extra cheer for the fact that she left you with so many happy memories, and another cheer for the fact that she has left you with us!

If she was as special as you are, then she was truly special.

Lots of love

KATIE

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Germain,
I send you and you family my condolences.
I to add my three cheers.
When we have to find a Care Home for our loved ones and they are receiving what we would like them to receive, an extra cheer for them.
Very best wishes
Christine

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
to all of you still worrying about their loved ones in care I would say - if you've found a good one its worth more than all the gold in the world.

Dear Germain,

A moving post from you and will give three cheers for your Mum's life.

Your post is very poignant to me, bless you.

With love,

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Germain

What a lovely post. Your Mum taught you well and what a great life she had. I am glad that when the end came for her it was so speedy, although no doubt a little shocking to your family.

Quote:
to all of you still worrying about their loved ones in care I would say - if you've found a good one its worth more than all the gold in the world

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. I would also advise to look past decor, room size and location and look underneath to the care given. If it is given unreservedly with love that, to me, is the most important thing.

May your memories be delightful.

Mameeskye

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Germain, well done you and well done Mary - prayers and cheers all round!

Reminds me very much of a sign I saw this week .....'Beginnings are often difficult, endings are often sad ...... but it's the bit in the middle that counts.'

Special cheer for Mary for gifting you that 'bit in the middle', and another for you for having the grace to share it.....

Love, Karen, x

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
She had a really good and productive life so we would like to ask anyone who feels able to give three cheers for her life and the happy memories she has left us with

I'll join in also, and give 3 cheers for your mother good and productive life and all the happy memories you and your family shared with her xxx