Please help

Tweetyno1

Jun 1, 2015
My dad had dementia (undiagnosed) but is refusing to admit there is anything wrong. I've tried to get him to see doctor and even spoken to the doctor myself but unless he goes to the doctors himself there is nothing they can do apparently. Is there anything else I can do? He's so bad and I'm now worried re power of eterny, money and his own safety etc.

katie1

Aug 5, 2014
Kendal Cumbria
My dad had dementia (undiagnosed) but is refusing to admit there is anything wrong. I've tried to get him to see doctor and even spoken to the doctor myself but unless he goes to the doctors himself there is nothing they can do apparently. Is there anything else I can do? He's so bad and I'm now worried re power of eterny, money and his own safety etc.

He is probably scared of the diagnosis, can you reassure him gently that you want to help him and so does the doctor? Is there anyone else that he trusts that could go with him to the appointment? or any friend or relative who he trusts that has been through the same process? Have you got a sibling that could be with you and approach the subject of Power of Attorney ? (but not until you have a firm diagnosis maybe?)
Take it gently

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbH