Please Help Update

Softy

Jan 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Im sorry I have been so long updating you on my dads situation but I have been very busy getting things sorted. Where to start well I have taken all your advise and complained to everyone from my ocal MP down and boy have things changed. The inspectorate are aware and have been very helpfull as have our local nhs trust all the action ended with a three hour meeting at the home my sister travelled 300 miles to be with me and she was marvelous it was so helpfull to attend a meeting with her and be able to have her backing and more importantly her expertise in handling people. My dads care plans have been re drawn, he has a new room and the home have agreed a monitoring policy on a daily basis so that I can see exactly what dad is being fed and his weight is being monitored in my presence twice a week. My dad has lost 5 stones in weight since his admission in October. More importantly the home owners have issued a verbal warning to one member of staff and a written warning to another. They have taken on board all our concerns and have asked us to assist them in ensuring that their standards are improved and maintained. MY dad is now being cared for properly I can sleep again and the guilt is lifted a little wish I had done in months ago though. I WILL NOT allow them to slip again. Thanks everyone for your support and advise it really helps because I know that you all know how I feel. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well that is excellent news Softy.

What a shame you and your father had to go through such an ordeal. I hope all the upset is over for good now. Thank you for letting us know. It really does pay to complain, especially if you are well prepared, as you were.

Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Softy,

It's good to hear such a positive outcome!

You battled to get things sorted..and felt the guilt..

It shouldn't have to be this way and hopefully now the NH are aware things will continue to improve..

So no need for you to feel the guilt any more..try to relax and enjoy life a little'.....some things you can't change and you know that..but your dad is well looked after now thanks to your efforts..

Love Gigi x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Well done. Feel very proud of yourself, because if you hadn't had the courage to do it there would have been no change.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
What a weight taken off your shoulders. I am proud of you! Most important of all, your dad should get the care he needs. I know you will be watching, and the staff know this too. Well done and give yourself a big pat on the back for so much bravery. I know just what you mean about having your sister with you at the meeting. I now always have my Brother in Law and my son come to any meetings with Ken's consultant. It helps me enormously to have their support. I have a meeting on the 18th and I'm going to ask that Ken can stay overnight on Saturdays to see how I cope. Wish me luck xx TinaT

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
. I have a meeting on the 18th and I'm going to ask that Ken can stay overnight on Saturdays to see how I cope. Wish me luck xx TinaT

What a wonderful idea Tina. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope the the powers that be respect your wishes.

Love xx

Softy

Jan 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Thanks very much for your comments the difference when I visit the home now are amazing, I will keep them on their toes. Good luck Tina I will be thinking about you.