Please help me!

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
@maryjoan That's great news, the house next door to your friend sounds just what you need. I hope it all works out and that you can move in soon.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thats sounds hopeful. you need support because it would be very easy to go back to the familiar. moving is a lot of stress but once youve done it, your stress will reduce and you will be able to live again

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Good luck; the one next to your friend sounds good and the landlord will probably welcome a long term tenant. I hope it all gets settled soon. Even if you have to wait a few weeks, once you have a date you can aim for life takes on a new meaning.

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
Although you will hate to lose your current home and friendly village a move to a town with better transport and shopping options may be an improvement in the long run. I hope it all works out well for you.

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
I am pleased plans seem to be coming together, I understand about the need to move and the hard work and upheaval it will be...I too have moved a lot....

But....this move will be out of necessity and won’t it be just wonderful when your settled, with just you to think about in your own home...with your own front door.

If I were you I would use this time now to start packing, and working out what your taking with you, I am glad everyone has been informed too, so they know you mean business......the sooner the better, be strong x

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Hi @maryjoan, I hope the last few days have been kind to you and that you are a bit further on in planning what you want to do next.
I also hope that your (ex) partner is having his needs properly met.

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Hi @maryjoan, I hope the last few days have been kind to you and that you are a bit further on in planning what you want to do next.
I also hope that your (ex) partner is having his needs properly met.
Oh bless you for asking - his son and I couldn't work out why we couldn't activate the Council Housing site to bid for a property that would be suitable for my ex. We fiddle faddled about until I looked at the home page, and saw that everything is on hold now because of Covid - with no possible re start date.

So, as of today, we are completely back where we started nearly a year ago
I commented to my son, who lives locally, that any properties to rent down here - for me to move to - are being enquired about by 100's people. He has a business and he said that two of his clients are estate agents - and they had been discussing that the Covid crisis is causing a movement of population from the cities to the countryside - many people can work from home now - and there is less Covid down here..... this means that there are hardly any properties to rent - along with the fact that landlords now have to give 6 months notice.

So, sleep on it tonight, and look for plan 'Z' + tomorrow.......