please help Campaign by Age uk

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I received this email today . I had my say and thought you might like to do the same ,

Take action today >

View this email in your browser

Have your say on how we pay for care
Dear Ms removed by me .

Many of us need to access social care as we get older. This can include help with tasks such as washing, dressing, getting in and out of bed, and going to the toilet. But paying for this care can be catastrophically expensive and thousands of older people face losing everything to pay for the support they need.

From April 2016, the way we pay for care is changing. The Government wants to know what you think about setting a cap of £72,000 on what someone pays towards their care.

Have your say today
>
However, things aren’t that simple. The cap is far higher than the one originally proposed by the official Dilnot Commission in 2011, and there are a number of restrictions in counting what goes towards the cap.

The Government is now consulting on how the new cap will work. We want to make sure they hear the views of as many people as possible. Now is the time to have your say.

Thank you,

Ceri Smith signature
Ceri Smith
Senior Campaigns Officer

Privacy Policy | Donate to us | Unsubscribe from the list

Age UK, Tavis House, 1-6 Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9NA. Registered charity number 1128267. Company number 6825798. © Age UK Group and/or its National Partners (Age NI, Age Scotland and Age Cymru) 2013. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited:

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
From the Age UK link

1. Only support deemed necessary by your local authority will count towards the cap, and only at the rate the local authority would be prepared to pay
2. If you are in residential care, such as a care home, you will be responsible for your own general living costs (such as food and board), which won't count towards the cap.
3. Even once you reach the cap, the extra care costs and the daily living costs will still have to be paid. Also, money spent before the cap comes into force in April 2016 won't be counted towards the cap.

So the LA decide what counts and how much they'll pay, food an board don't count towards the cap and even when you hit the cap you still have to keep paying the food and board.
I predict just about no one will ever hit the cap except for the very well off.
Cap, they missed an "r" out of it.
K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976