Please help, any suggestion is most welcome

kjavediqbal

Dec 30, 2007
All,

My Dad has been struggling with Alzeimers since 6 years. Recently he has lost control over passing urine and stool/feases, is thr any drug which might control this...its lil difficult for my Mom to actually take care of him as he has keeps passing urine every few hours...any help is appreciated

Thanks
K.Javed

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Recently he has lost control over passing urine and stool/feases

when my mother lost her control of her urine , feases , that when she was told to have brain scan and told she had AZ they gave her medication called Ebiza (sp) which gave her back the control of passing urine and feases , that was 5 years ago .

Now 5 years on she losing control of her urine , but not her feases yet .

The medication does not work for everyone , but if you can get it all you can do is give it a try with the support of your doctor

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
have left post in your other thread .

when a moderator pop in they could join both thread together if you don't mind

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
yes I remember how distressing it was to see that happening .

also good advice to seek medical advice.

as when they get to that stage they entering into last stages and the medication they gave my mother is not a cure , but preventing the inevitable from happening sooner.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just to add - my husband went thro this stage (urine only though). Our Doc prescribed special tablets which seem to do the trick. If you need the detail please PM me and I will give you the two tablets he is given. Everyone is different and only medical people can help you with this one. It may be to do with a stage of Alz. but maybe it can be controlled. Do not give up on it.
Good luck Jan