Please give a prayer

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Please give a prayer for my dad who is so so poorly at the moment. He is 74 yrs old and has suffered from AD since he was 67 yrs. He is a lovely gentle man, but he suffered a minor stroke about 6 wks ago and then a seizure, which was really bad, and he is so poorly and I am so worried about him. Plse say a prayer for him if you can.

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Snooky

So sorry to read that your dad is not to well just now,you and him are in my thoughts and prayers,you take care Marian xx

hawaii50

Prayers are with you both

Hi Snooky
May the Lord keep you and your father in His everlasting arms and give you His peace that passes all understanding.
We never know the why's, and like you I have been through care with dementia and stroke. One with my father and one with my mother. All I know is that even in the dark valleys where they both walked their faith sustained them and the spiritual connection never faded even when all else seemed to be gone. Our loving heavenly father is only ever a prayer away no matter how dire the circumstances. May He strengthen you for this journey.
Hawaii 50

Angela66

May 29, 2009
Scotland
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad.

I will say a prayer before I go to sleep along with the prayer I say for my mum every night too.

I reckon God must be kinda busy just now though, I been praying for mum for months now but he still doesnt hear me :(

I wont give up though.

Be strong.

Take care.

Angela x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Snooky, my prayers are with your dad, that he comes through this bad time. My husband also had a major seizure a month ago, and has come through it better than before. But he didn't have a stroke.

All the best,

Love,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Snooky,

Sorry to hear about your concerns for your dad.

Thinking about you..stay strong!

Love xx

Cl13

Feb 19, 2009
Cumbria uk
Hi Snooky, sorry to hear this news about your dad, I will say a prayer for your dad tonight.

Take care.

Love Lynn

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Thanks

Can I just say a very big thank you to everyone. Dad has been so poorly since this seizure (about a month ago), he had the stroke, pneumonia, mini seizures, major seizure, chest infection, the list is endless to be honest and he has declined hugely since. He has not walked since the day after Father's Day and can only eat liquidised foods and thickened fluids. Barely talks, but he understands us and acknowledges correctly and does say the odd thing.

It breaks my heart to see him like this and I hope and pray that he may get better from where he is now. Hazel - I'm glad that John has recovered well from his seizure and want to say hi to you (remember me!).

Take care all

Snooky

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
snooky said:
It breaks my heart to see him like this and I hope and pray that he may get better from where he is now.

Dear snooky,

I am sorry to hear that your dad is so poorly, and that your heart is breaking.

I sincerely hope that your prayers are answered.

Caring Thoughts,

Love Taffy.

imp

Jun 26, 2009
Warwickshire
Dear Snooky only just come on site and read your posting and will certainly put your dad on my prayer list. I do hope for both your sakes that he will improve. Best wishes Iris