PLEASE DONT

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
"PLEASE DON`T"
"Mock " my Dementia, i was once like you, i once worked full time to keep and provide for my family. I had so many hopes and dreams, i STILL DO !! You don't even know me, you have no idea what i have achieved in the past and what i hope to still achieve now, please don't mock me just for being ill, i wouldn't if roles where reversed, you don't even know me, please dont mock me just because i have dementia.
PLEASE DON`T
" Stare at me, let`s stare together at the changes that are now being made within the world of dementia, let us stare together in wonderment at how the stigma of this disease is being disassembled before our very eyes, brick by brick the wall of Stigma is coming down.
PLEASE DON`T
"Ignore Me" i have so much to say, i have early stages of dementia, have you even heard of that? Dementia doesn't just suddenly "Happen" it creeps up on you slowly, in stages, but if you LISTEN to me i can help you recognize the signs of early dementia so you can help your loved ones to carry on living a full life.
PLEASE DON`T
"Tell THAT Joke" about dementia, i have heard them all, and they are not funny!! When you forget something, why do you think it's funny to say "Ha ha, i must have dementia" If you got a pain in the back or abdomen would you say "Ha ha, i think i may have Cancer ??? i think not!!! Dementia is a terminal disease with no cure at thew moment, nothing much funny about that!!
PLEASE DON'T
"Write us off " We have so much to give, so much to do, so many more people to meet, to laugh with, to love, to cherish. So many more grandchildren to see born and to teach the ways of the world, I am not finished, in fact i am just beginning to see life for what it really is, short, but beautiful, and so can you, if only you embrace it fully.
I am me, i am Norrms, Just a boy from Bolton who has been diagnosed with the awful disease of dementia, please see me and not my disease xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC Norrms Mc Namara Diagnosed with Dementia
Please share, please copy, please print off and please put up in workplaces etc

lis66

Aug 7, 2015
I applaud you norrms everyone needs to listen to what you have said it's so true you are a strong brave person ,until some one has lived with and witnessed this cruel disease they havnt a clue xxxxxxx

PJ

Jan 26, 2017
Bristol
@Norrms you are amazing at putting into words what those of us living with disease feel. You are right we have plenty to give and look forward to.

Maggie

Oct 11, 2003
Gibraltar/England london Now
I do admire you your amazing in being positive awareness to dementia.

it’s pretty Awesome-to personally experience dementia Evolving with the stigma since mum had a dementia diagnose back in 2002.

change is happening within the care System.
Also with the public .
your making history Norman well done xx

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I do admire you your amazing in being positive awareness to dementia.

it’s pretty Awesome-to personally experience dementia Evolving with the stigma since mum had a dementia diagnose back in 2002.

change is happening within the care System.
Also with the public .
your making history Norman well done xx
?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peanutbrain