Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Hi @kindred , a good giggle does your soul good doesn’t it. You made me smile I can just imagine how infectious it must have been especially when your blue eyed boy joined in.
I’ve started giving in to tiredness and basically just nod off now and again. Wishing you strength while your recovering from your operation do take care ((Hugs)) A x

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
As ever, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you for all your lovely and loving responses. I will try to accept this tiredness as needing to rest.
Today of course, not at all restful at Keith's home. so many residents suddenly sounding off and at each other that I am ashamed to say --- (prizes guys for what's coming next)
I GOT THE GIGGLES and so did the nurse and the carers. I couldn't help it, I just could not stop laughing. Keith picked up the laughter and he laughed too and so did some of the residents ...
More anon, guys, have you ever got the giggles at it all? New reaction for me, have to say!
with love and best, Kindred, Geraldine in other words ...xxxx
Oh Geraldine... you brought back a memory.
I was a very little girl, sitting in church with my much older sister. The vicar spoke about time passing and leaving people behind. He said his 18 year old daughter had been given a Tiny Tots album for Christmas. As a very young girl, pre school, I was far too grown up for such an album. So I started giggling. People were turning round giving me the grown up look. It made me worse. The verger came up to us and asked me to be quiet. Yes.... it made me giggle all the more. He then asked us to leave. I guess I was 4 when I was evicted from church.
My sister and I didn’t go back for months. We took our collection money, bought sweets, and sat on the cricket field until it was time to go home. Our parents never found out!!
I’m so pleased you are beginning to feel more like yourself Geraldine. Thinking of you and sending much strength and love to you, B xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hi @kindred , a good giggle does your soul good doesn’t it. You made me smile I can just imagine how infectious it must have been especially when your blue eyed boy joined in.
I’ve started giving in to tiredness and basically just nod off now and again. Wishing you strength while your recovering from your operation do take care ((Hugs)) A x
Love, thank you so much for this, yes I think it did do our souls good AND it stopped the shouty madness that was doing all our heads in! Yes, please do nod off when you need to and thank you so much for your lovely words. with love, Geraldinexxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Oh Geraldine... you brought back a memory.
I was a very little girl, sitting in church with my much older sister. The vicar spoke about time passing and leaving people behind. He said his 18 year old daughter had been given a Tiny Tots album for Christmas. As a very young girl, pre school, I was far too grown up for such an album. So I started giggling. People were turning round giving me the grown up look. It made me worse. The verger came up to us and asked me to be quiet. Yes.... it made me giggle all the more. He then asked us to leave. I guess I was 4 when I was evicted from church.
My sister and I didn’t go back for months. We took our collection money, bought sweets, and sat on the cricket field until it was time to go home. Our parents never found out!!
I’m so pleased you are beginning to feel more like yourself Geraldine. Thinking of you and sending much strength and love to you, B xx
Oh I LOVE that memory, I really really do. Ejected from church at age four. Oh to lose ourselves in laughter, what a treat!
Thank you for your loving words, B, much appreciated. They give me such encouragement and strength. I didn't half miss you during those off air weeks for you! with love, Geraldinexxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Here I am again guys, trying to get up to speed with taking part in the activities etc. Keith in great mood, we had the hi ho opera and other songs together and he reached out to grab my hand. Resident seminar about pigeons, why do we never see baby ones? (they are so vulnerable and such awful flyers that parents keep them in nests until they are grownup). Whispered in blue eyed ear that I love you, I love you, I love you, and he said, well how could it be otherwise?
Fair enough. Signing off now as am so tired. I love all your encouraging responses. I'm on week 6 after the operation now. all love and best, Geraldine and thank you. xxxxxxxx

charlie10

Dec 20, 2018
Geraldine.....just remember you are ONLY in week 6 after the new hip and not only does it need babying but you will have a tremendous energy hole for much longer than you think! Drs are very gung ho about this (do they never have joint replacements?) but it is well documented that generally recovery takes much longer than you think it will. So pace yourself and make sure you have plenty of down time (which means no brainwork too....that foggy brain!)......and don't worry, you will get there in the end, just slower than you'd like (and let's face it, we'd all like it to be yesterday :rolleyes:)

I had two hips done (separately) last year, might have a knee done as well sometime......so I might one day be an expert in something ;)

Ps love your posts......you paint such a lovely picture, putting my hand up to be a resident of your CH when it's my turn :p

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Geraldine.....just remember you are ONLY in week 6 after the new hip and not only does it need babying but you will have a tremendous energy hole for much longer than you think! Drs are very gung ho about this (do they never have joint replacements?) but it is well documented that generally recovery takes much longer than you think it will. So pace yourself and make sure you have plenty of down time (which means no brainwork too....that foggy brain!)......and don't worry, you will get there in the end, just slower than you'd like (and let's face it, we'd all like it to be yesterday :rolleyes:)

I had two hips done (separately) last year, might have a knee done as well sometime......so I might one day be an expert in something ;)

Ps love your posts......you paint such a lovely picture, putting my hand up to be a resident of your CH when it's my turn :p
Thank you so very very much. Especially reassuring about the energy hole. And for your lovely words about the care home, thank you with all heart. I will be off there again later this morning. warmest, Geraldine aka kindred.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Well, today was a turn up. Yesterday Keith slept all the time, so I did one to one with a resident who is very ill. Today, oh what a beautiful visit! Keith was happy, lively, singing, holding my hand. There was a fantastic, peaceful and positive atmosphere there. Usually it is quite tough when the activity nurses are not there, but today, peace was what I think we all needed.
Anyway, the quiet was broken by another resident shouting bow wow wow wow. Several times, So I go to see what it is all about and she says that there's a little dog dead down by the kitchen door.
So I ask her what colour is it and she says a sort of tan colour.
And I ask her what it was doing
And she said, it's running about ...
So I said, well that would be a neat trick for a dead dog, lover.
And she laughed and loads of others laughed and it was great.
More anon, guys. Thank you for all your encouraging responses. with love, Geraldinexxx I can feel I am getting mouthy again!

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Well, today was a turn up. Yesterday Keith slept all the time, so I did one to one with a resident who is very ill. Today, oh what a beautiful visit! Keith was happy, lively, singing, holding my hand. There was a fantastic, peaceful and positive atmosphere there. Usually it is quite tough when the activity nurses are not there, but today, peace was what I think we all needed.
Anyway, the quiet was broken by another resident shouting bow wow wow wow. Several times, So I go to see what it is all about and she says that there's a little dog dead down by the kitchen door.
So I ask her what colour is it and she says a sort of tan colour.
And I ask her what it was doing
And she said, it's running about ...
So I said, well that would be a neat trick for a dead dog, lover.
And she laughed and loads of others laughed and it was great.
More anon, guys. Thank you for all your encouraging responses. with love, Geraldinexxx I can feel I am getting mouthy again!
The one word I would never use for you is.... mouthy!
You are just a lovely person to have on my side. What would I do without you, even if I do disappear for chunks of time!
It does seem like your post is more the Geraldine we all know and love.
Love B xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
You are just a lovely person to have on my side. What would I do without you, even if I do disappear for chunks of time!
Love B xx
Oh thank you that is so beautiful. I think some of the residents think I am mouthy and they love it! I sometimes say, here I am, the mouthy one!!
I am getting to be the Geraldine I was, if see what mean. I feel I am letting the side down by even mentioning that my hip is so sore so I am going to have to join the rest of the hip operation world and smile smile smile!!
Love you so much. Geraldine aka kindred.xxxxx
Love B xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Lovely - to start with ... Blue eyed boy in blue check shirt and looking lovely. Sung his current favourite, what a day for a daydream and Keith sung the beginning of Beethoven's fifth, then turned it into the theme from Monty Python. Activity nurse played head netball with this contraption put on head and residents tried to throw these light plastic balls into it.
BUT THEN one of the residents started shouting (my goodness didn't know people could shout so loud) and then others joined in and it was awful, except some of the other residents were full of loving restraint, tolerance and sensible suggestions ...
Said to lovely blue eyed, I'll be back tomorrow and he replied, well I should hope so!
Thanks guys, not quite up to speed with bouncing about and stuff yet, but getting there. all love, thankyou, Geraldinexxxx

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Lovely - to start with ... Blue eyed boy in blue check shirt and looking lovely. Sung his current favourite, what a day for a daydream and Keith sung the beginning of Beethoven's fifth, then turned it into the theme from Monty Python. Activity nurse played head netball with this contraption put on head and residents tried to throw these light plastic balls into it.
BUT THEN one of the residents started shouting (my goodness didn't know people could shout so loud) and then others joined in and it was awful, except some of the other residents were full of loving restraint, tolerance and sensible suggestions ...
Said to lovely blue eyed, I'll be back tomorrow and he replied, well I should hope so!
Thanks guys, not quite up to speed with bouncing about and stuff yet, but getting there. all love, thankyou, Geraldinexxxx
Probably not a good idea to bounce about on your new hip.... yet!
But it sounds like you are getting along beautifully...
Take care, Geraldine, it’s such early days (speaking from experience as a bionic woman with a new hip!)
With my love, B xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Probably not a good idea to bounce about on your new hip.... yet!
But it sounds like you are getting along beautifully...
Take care, Geraldine, it’s such early days (speaking from experience as a bionic woman with a new hip!)
With my love, B xx
Thank you my darling, thank you. So good to hear from you.love and best, Geraldine. Really, truly madly deeply bionic? I mean is this how it can feel?// Coo.xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
So of course, one of today's seminars was on black holes. Do we believe in them. Somehow this morphed into the efficacy of dream catchers whereat one resident yelled out, they don't BLOODY work ...
Keith laughing at private jokes but at least happy.
Another resident shouted WHERE DID YOU PUT MY POCKET? I've lost my pocket. And this seemed quite an existential thing in the light of the precious seminars. I found her pocket for her.
Sunny and lovely atmosphere. Lots of singalongs and Keith joined in.
More soon, guys and thank you so much for being with me. I am desperate to get my energy back. with love and best, Geraldinexxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
In I go and there is a seminar in progress on meercats. Keith not really able to take part but at least he was down and we could share one of our many cups of tea together ... I even ate a custard cream with him today on account of it being so so cold outside. After lunch, K fell asleep as usual and I spent time with other residents including one who said, do you remember that wonderful trip we did to Australia together? So I said of course I did and we shared lots of memories of the trip we never had.
More anon guys and thank you so much for your loving messages and reassurance. Geraldinexxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Love your unexpected 'trip' to Australia. Well, if you can't beat them join them!
I travel in my dreams, I have for years. But is that my real life and this one a mere dream?

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
I sometimes wonder that too @AliceA and think that maybe I’ll wake up one morning and this cruel disease will have been just the worst nightmare. The good dreams of course are always there dreams of love and family and happier times ,now we just have to somehow enjoy the rare moments of clarity ..I try to anyway but sadly don’t always succeed .((Hugs )) A x

@kindred ..So glad your feeling a little better, custard creams love em (( hugs )) A x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976