Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sounds like the effort to get to see blue eyed boy was worth it :)

1J has had both hips replaced, so I have an understanding of the grit and determination needed just to get out the door, in the early days

Take care of your new hip, get those muscles working again gently, and you will soon be doing the cartwheels again. It may seem like it takes forever, but in the great scheme of things, it will take as long as needed and looking back, it won’t seem long at all xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Oh thank you so much for your wondrous and encouraging messages. Just to check in, say I am still in lot of pain but walking well and do not need stick but it is useful for stopping traffic. Have just come back from blue eyed boy but had to go after lunch so he was deeply asleep ... Still blue eyed and still my boy.
More anon and thank you with all heart. Kindred.xxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you so very much for loving and encouraging messages. Please forgive scrappy posts, am still so exhausted. It is so hard being at Keith's home and not able to do very much. There were quite a few falls today and all I could do was be vigilant and call out, normally I would be helping. Staff are marvellous and loving to me as though I were a resident myself!
Blue eyed boy still subdued but our reconnection is improving. I have initiated a banana eating ceremony between us, one slice of banana each and two sips of ribena. It really works and feels an intimate connection.
Keith told me I was a night storage heater today.
all my love and more when I can.
love and best, Geraldine aka kindredxxxx

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hello @kindred - hope that poor old hip is improving daily. Just doing a quick whizz around the forum before bed. Haven't been posting much as life is hectic here as usual, but I have been thinking of you.
Ugh - so busy, I feel a bit like a plate spinner in the circus, I spend a short time on one thing to keep that 'spinning', then have to metaphorically run to catch something else that needs seeing to, then spend time with Mum ...... and so it continues!
We had visitors at the CH the other day, they are doing a pilot project using a Tablet for reminiscence and recording. They joined a little intimate session of a couple of residents, a staff member, Mum and I when we were having a little sing a long. Well, Mum may talk 'scribble' and have some very strange habits, but she still knows how to 'play to the gallery'. She just knew that there were visitors, so when we were singing 'Run Rabbit Run' she proceeded to change a few words to make it a little ruder! When that got the desired laughter, she had some alternative lyrics for another song :eek:. Bad Mum!
Her klepto traits are increasing, and a recent haul revealed half a jigsaw; a lighter, 8 cushions, a stack of cutlery and napkins and a pair of leather gloves! I now have to do a 'search and rescue and return to rightful owners' on each visit.
I put a couple of lovely silk flower arrangements in her room, and when my daughter visited the other day Mum had added a couple of sandwiches, artfully placed to add to the arrangement. Who knows, it may start a new flower arranging trend?
Never a dull moment here!

Look after yourself and much love XXX

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
Hi Geraldine
Lovely to see you back posting on your thread. Hoping that your hip continues to improve and that you are soon able to take a more active role at Keith's care home. xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you once more for your beautiful and encouraging responses.
I'm kind of surfacing but so so tired. Anyway, today was my first solo walk and bus ride without sticks.
And what a day at blue eyed boy home! Such a loving atmosphere. At one point, I went to sleep next to blue eyed who was sleeping, and I was aware of staff stroking my cheek or my shoulder. I also realise the effect on other residents of me being so sort of low and subdued. One of them asked if all was well between us because I was not going around joking etc with her, or anyone. I think she understood when I explained and I said that I will be back to my big mouth barking mad self very soon.
Oh the love that is in this home, the simplicity. Activity girls were preparing a mother's day display and asking residents for their memories of their mother. I stopped them asking Keith and explained that Keith's mother, like mine, had MS, but she had to go into a care home when she was 36 and how Keith had such awful memories of visiting her each week and her crying ... he was such a loyal son, only just into his teens. Keith once said to me that he hoped that parallel universes existed because there might be on in which his mother was happy.
More soon as I can guys, hope this makes sense because my head is still full of candy floss. all my love, Gxxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Welcome back, beloved B, and thank you all for your encouragement. If only I could feel wide awake and lively!! I am assured this will come. I go in to see blue eyes but am too tired to post ...
Anyway here I am, not long back. Today we had sensory plants and garlic was thrust under residents' noses to see whether they like it or not. Keith tried to eat it of course and then pronounced it particularly revolting!!
My boy is in there somewhere!!
Did as much work as I could with the other residents, just has to be sitting and talking at the moment. And after I have fed Keith, I hold his hand and we both sort of doze or rather he dozes and I envy him this and sort of slip in and out of awareness.
I wish I could be more entertaining, but hanging in there. all my love, Kindred aka Geraldinexxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sorry to hear that you feel so sleepy. 1J also has this after his operations.

He was told it can take a good 6months for the effects of a general anaesthetic to get fully out of his system, let alone recover from the hip replacement, so don’t fight against it, it will soon pass xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Holding hands is enough, remember the Tortoise and the Hare, xxx
Oh thank you, that is lovely. It's hard to be so dozey when everyone else is working so hard, but they keep supplying me and Keith with cups of tea and biscuits and kissing the top of my head. I want to cry when I type this. Gxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Sorry to hear that you feel so sleepy. 1J also has this after his operations.

He was told it can take a good 6months for the effects of a general anaesthetic to get fully out of his system, let alone recover from the hip replacement, so don’t fight against it, it will soon pass xx
Oh my dear, is that what is happening SIX MONTHS!!! I'm due back at work in a couple of weeks ... thank you so much for this information, I thought I was losing my marbles!!! Gxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Oh my dear, is that what is happening SIX MONTHS!!! I'm due back at work in a couple of weeks ... thank you so much for this information, I thought I was losing my marbles!!! Gxx

Each day you will probably feel better than the last but not necessarily notice it until a month has gone by, but when the tiredness comes along, don’t fight it, go with the flow as much as you can xx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I had anaesthetic when I was 39, I told my GP that the experts were wrong. The brain was in the womb and I had lost mine! I certainly seemed to have brain fog for a long time, heaven knows more than forty years on how I could be now. Give it time, Geraldine. Xxx

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hello @kindred -
Glad that you are slowly edging towards 'back to normal', but take care and be patient ..... slow and steady wins the race!

When I had my knee replacement, I was horrified that I needed an afternoon nap for weeks and weeks after the op. but try as I might, I just couldn't keep going and conked out mid afternoon!

I think Keith is probably really enjoying the cosy time he is having with you at the moment. Tea, biscuits, hand holding and snoozing sounds pretty perfect to me .... plus he is getting the lion's share of your time while at the CH.
Interacting with the other residents can wait until you are firing on all cylinders again, meanwhile just share those special moments with your blue eyed boy.

Much love XX

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
As ever, and from the bottom of my heart, thank you for all your lovely and loving responses. I will try to accept this tiredness as needing to rest.
Today of course, not at all restful at Keith's home. so many residents suddenly sounding off and at each other that I am ashamed to say --- (prizes guys for what's coming next)
I GOT THE GIGGLES and so did the nurse and the carers. I couldn't help it, I just could not stop laughing. Keith picked up the laughter and he laughed too and so did some of the residents ...
More anon, guys, have you ever got the giggles at it all? New reaction for me, have to say!
with love and best, Kindred, Geraldine in other words ...xxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peanutbrain