Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Wish I could be there for you @kindred, but be sure that all the followers of your thread are thinking of you both. XX

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Thank you guys. Just home. Keith seems a little better, so much so that the nurses decided to get him up and bring him into the lounge rather than another debilitating day in bed.
He doesn't really recognise me or respond to our hey ho opera but he was able to eat some lunch and I could sing to him and stroke his hand.
He will be put back to bed as soon as I leave.
I can't afford to have feelings right now, you know what I mean, all of you.
Love and best and thank you so much for your loving messages. Geraldinexx

Xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I think a little better, Keith did manage a smile for me this morning, but still not returning his signal on the hi ho chorus. Still very poorly. I sat by his bed and he was wearing a royal blue t shirt so I made up a song:
There'll always be a blue boy
Wherever blue boys are
You'll always be my blue boy
and my bright white star.

To the obvious tune about england!
We got him up for lunch and he ate about a quarter of it.
I know his rate of recovery will be slower than for someone without dementia. I have to hold on to that smile.
Back on Tuesday guys, and thank you for all your beautiful messages.
Geraldinexxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I think a little better, Keith did manage a smile for me this morning, but still not returning his signal on the hi ho chorus. Still very poorly. I sat by his bed and he was wearing a royal blue t shirt so I made up a song:
There'll always be a blue boy
Wherever blue boys are
You'll always be my blue boy
and my bright white star.

To the obvious tune about england!
We got him up for lunch and he ate about a quarter of it.
I know his rate of recovery will be slower than for someone without dementia. I have to hold on to that smile.
Back on Tuesday guys, and thank you for all your beautiful messages.
Geraldinexxxx

Xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
I arrive in time for a seminar on peas pudding and faggots. Now, on this one I am very knowledgeable, having been sent as a child with a basin to collect these for our supper.
Think of the time before fish and chips guys.
Keith down and looking lovely in dark and light blue. the bruises on his beautiful face are so heartbreaking. He is still very subdued and does not return our musical signal. But he does tap his feet to the elvis presley CD. So I can only look forward to the musical signal between us next time I come.
And that will be some time now. Signing off guys, until after my hip operation. Thank you all for being with us and we will be back.
with love and best, Geraldinexxx

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
@kindred - wishing you successful surgery and a perfect recovery. Remember to do all your exercises, but don't overdo!

I know the timing is not ideal for you, but Keith and yourself can recover and rehabilitate, being well cared for, both at the same time - then there will be no holding the pair of you! Perhaps the Hippy Hippy Shake can be your next big number?

Sending much love, many hugs and lots of get well thoughts.

XX

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sending healing sparkle dust so you are able to recover quickly without too much pain and soon back to Doing cartwheels :)

Squishy hug for you both xx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Love and prayers as ever, try to rest up when you can, exercise when you should! Xxxx

vmmh

Jun 25, 2018
Wishing you well with your surgery and wishing I could send you some substantial support as a return of the support you have given all on here. Please get back to posting soon...

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Oh what a lot of crying! First of all, thank you for your wondrous messages of support. I am through the operation and recovering at home. Painful lark though. Anyway, today decided to shake off the vapours and go up to see K. Staff crying, some of the residents in tears, what an astonishing, loving welcome, felt so loved and valued.
Blue eyed boy subdued, but I think and hope I will be able to reestablish our intimate conversational connection. He did say shhhhhh he had a secret at one point, but God knows what that is!
Next week have a circus of hospital and outpatient appointments but will get there when I can, but it might be patchy. Anyway, have reestablished myself where I love and obviously and wondrously am so loved.
More anon, thank you all, thank you. Missed you.
with love and best, Geraldine, Kindred. xxxxx

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hi @kindred - so glad you are done and dusted and on the mend.
Keep doing those exercises, don't over do and no Hokey Cokey or Conga for a while yet!

Much love XXX

SandraKD

Nov 26, 2018
So good to see you back Geraldine Kindred, glad you are on the mend and managed to get to see your blue eyed boy. I missed your joy filled posts about your trips to the care home. Take care xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti