Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
My friend has given me an Adorable Cushion of a Labrador that look just like the one we used to have. It is so soft and cuddly and I have given it to him and he loves it, I do too. I have ordered one of a Jack Russell to give to her for her birthday because she used to have one and we walked them together.
www.adorablecushions.co.uk if you are interested.
Oh wow! An adorable cushion, what a lovely lovely idea! Thankyou!
Gxx

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Absolutely brilliant @Grahamstown - thanks for the link!
My daughter has 2 extremely beautiful Somali cats and for her Birthday and Xmas the cats often 'buy' her something with their faces on. She has flip flops with an image of one cat on one sole and one on the other. A watch with the cats as the face and a snood scarf with a collage of their photos. This xmas one of Mum's pressies was a fleece lap quilt with a collage of her favourite photos on - it's a permanently mobile photo album. The firm even do photo socks!! https://www.bagsoflove.co.uk/

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Hi @kindred - what a lovely post about your handsome man!
I'm just about to clear the windscreen and pop over to visit Mum, but before leaving I just need to ask you to be VERY CAREFUL with the snow and ice and that hip! The papers show that the Bristol area has been dumped on, so take care. Here in SW London we have the lightest of sprinklings, so I am whizzing across to the CH before any more decides to come down!

XX

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hi @kindred - what a lovely post about your handsome man!
I'm just about to clear the windscreen and pop over to visit Mum, but before leaving I just need to ask you to be VERY CAREFUL with the snow and ice and that hip! The papers show that the Bristol area has been dumped on, so take care. Here in SW London we have the lightest of sprinklings, so I am whizzing across to the CH before any more decides to come down!

XX
Well, yes, we have been dumped on somewhat. I got there and just come back, using trusty walking stick. Seems to me that a thaw is in progress down here, too. But it is otherwise deep and crisp and even!
Lovely to hear from you and I hope your visit was good. I am so glad to read SW London OK as my son and beloved family live there. Thank you! with love and best, Kindred.xxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
How many songs do you know about snow, guys, that don't include Christmas? I was hard pressed today so forced to adapt one:

This is the way we throw snowballs, throw snowballs, throw snowballs, this is the way we throw snowballs
On a cold and frosty morning.

And this proved surprisingly successful, with residents suggesting things like, this is the way we make snowmen, drink hot chocolate, shovel the snow ...
So I was chuffed. Then I had a seminar for carers and residents on making those cut out snowflakes we used to make so many of. Remember them?

I was so glad I went as staff were a bit depleted owing to not being able to get in.

Keith made a lovely transfer into his armchair, and I was so thrilled. When I had given him his cup of tea, he told me:
You can't win.
So I agreed, no of course not.

Watched a crow catching snowflakes in its beak, that was entertaining.
Keith was singing an opera which consisted of the word dream. So we had a seminar about dreams, and what songs we could think of. And I sang
In dreams, I walk with you,
In dreams I talk to you
and I felt myself breaking down at this point ...

Keep warm guys, it is so very beautiful out there, so many snowmen.
with love and best, and thank you, Kindred xxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Dreams are so strange, so true it is hard to wake to to what is real. The words are lovely Geraldine. X

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you all. What I don't know is who sung that song, In Dreams ... Anyway, on my way through the slush to see Keith, the scales fell from my eyes and I realised I don't have to actually use those words, so adapted it and sang to K and other residents:

In dreams I walk with you,
In dreams I talk to you.
Beautiful dreams, such beautiful dreams.

and this takes the sadness away.
Anyway, to rewind, when I arrived a seminar on Mrs Thatcher was in progress with thumbs up for like and boo for dislike.

Keith was wearing his pink shirt and I had a pink silk scarf, so we declared it a pretty in pink day. This was followed by a seminar on lipstick. I love it that so many nurses and carers wear lipstick because where I work, no one does except me ...

Keith told me he knows Brussels inside out (never been there) so I don't need to worry when we go. I told him how relieved I was. A lot of the snow has melted but not all ... and it's pretty icy. We sung Rawhide and the hi ho opera together which was grand.
In the afternoon, a resident seminar on animals, great and we decided to do a full seminar on penguins when it can be prepared. We were talking about penguins and the activity nurse made up a story about this penguin which flew after a plane. Suddenly there was this loud cry of protest from one of the residents:
PENGUINS CANNOT FLY.
Keith gave me such a lovely smile, so lovely. I would rather spend one day with him than a thousand with anyone else
Best love to you all, and back on Tuesday.
Geraldinexxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hi Geraldine, I think it might be Roy Orbson?
Oh of course, have just listened to it, what a beautiful, beautiful song. Thank you with all my heart, oh what a song ...
And so so true ...
all my love and thanks, Rosebush. Geraldinexx

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Glad to help, and yes it is a beautiful song, my husband's middle name is Keith. Unfortunately I am still waiting for him to be transferred to a care home nearer as I can only afford to visit him once a week, but a t least he is safe and well cared for. Take care Geraldine, love reading your post. Lxxx:)

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Glad to help, and yes it is a beautiful song, my husband's middle name is Keith. Unfortunately I am still waiting for him to be transferred to a care home nearer as I can only afford to visit him once a week, but a t least he is safe and well cared for. Take care Geraldine, love reading your post. Lxxx:)
Oh thank you Rosebush and I hope the transfer happens very soon, sweetheart. with love and best, Geraldinexx

Banabarama

Dec 28, 2018
Sussex
Thank you all. What I don't know is who sung that song, In Dreams ... Anyway, on my way through the slush to see Keith, the scales fell from my eyes and I realised I don't have to actually use those words, so adapted it and sang to K and other residents:

In dreams I walk with you,
In dreams I talk to you.
Beautiful dreams, such beautiful dreams.

and this takes the sadness away.
Anyway, to rewind, when I arrived a seminar on Mrs Thatcher was in progress with thumbs up for like and boo for dislike.

Keith was wearing his pink shirt and I had a pink silk scarf, so we declared it a pretty in pink day. This was followed by a seminar on lipstick. I love it that so many nurses and carers wear lipstick because where I work, no one does except me ...

Keith told me he knows Brussels inside out (never been there) so I don't need to worry when we go. I told him how relieved I was. A lot of the snow has melted but not all ... and it's pretty icy. We sung Rawhide and the hi ho opera together which was grand.
In the afternoon, a resident seminar on animals, great and we decided to do a full seminar on penguins when it can be prepared. We were talking about penguins and the activity nurse made up a story about this penguin which flew after a plane. Suddenly there was this loud cry of protest from one of the residents:
PENGUINS CANNOT FLY.
Keith gave me such a lovely smile, so lovely. I would rather spend one day with him than a thousand with anyone else
Best love to you all, and back on Tuesday.
Geraldinexxx

These posts are so heart warming Kindred. How wonderful that you are still creating treasured memories, despite the adversity. Maybe love does conquer all.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
These moments are so special. A couple of days ago my husband came downstairs, no trousers on and an open shirt. He wanted me to do his buttons up, he can't managed shirt buttons. While I stood there doing up his buttons I felt his eyes on me. So I looked up at him and he said "you're beautiful".

Baggybreeks

Mar 22, 2017
Scotland
Oh of course, have just listened to it, what a beautiful, beautiful song. Thank you with all my heart, oh what a song ...
And so so true ...
all my love and thanks, Rosebush. Geraldinexx

In my dreams I still have my lovely husband, I don’t want to wake up. Only 6 days since he went, aged only 74. So much loved.
The care home staff all upset too. He was a gentle person.
Now waiting for his send off. Not religious so a celebration of his life. We will play Queen CD, Made in Heaven, so many songs resonate.l am listening to it now, helping the pain.

Baggybreeks

Mar 22, 2017
Scotland
In my dreams I still have my lovely husband, I don’t want to wake up. Only 6 days since he went, aged only 74. So much loved.
Now waiting for his send off. Not religious so a celebration of his life. We will play Queen CD, Made in Heaven, so many songs resonate.l am listening to it now, helping the pain.

I forgot to say hugs are SO important, I send them to everyone who reads this

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Oh my darling girl, I am so so sorry. He was obviously so very beloved. All thoughts and love. Geraldinexxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
These posts are so heart warming Kindred. How wonderful that you are still creating treasured memories, despite the adversity. Maybe love does conquer all.
I think maybe it does. I hope so, I hope so and thank you for your wondrous post. with love, Kindred, Geraldinexx