Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
well my dearest ones, I will pull myself away from possums, rats, moths and all other lovelies and go and see my OH. More when I return.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Here I am! Very hot at OH's home today, pretty hot everywhere I think. Thunder storms meant to be on way. Today, in the spirit of adventure, I took in a MYSTERIOUS OBJECT for the residents to identify, those that were awake that is. So far, they are mystified so I will give you some clues. It's in the shape of a blackbird with beak upwards. Hollow, smallish, and has to do with pastry. An additional clue is sing a song of sixpence ...
OH assures me he is a genius. So of course, I agreed!

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Here I am! Very hot at OH's home today, pretty hot everywhere I think. Thunder storms meant to be on way. Today, in the spirit of adventure, I took in a MYSTERIOUS OBJECT for the residents to identify, those that were awake that is. So far, they are mystified so I will give you some clues. It's in the shape of a blackbird with beak upwards. Hollow, smallish, and has to do with pastry. An additional clue is sing a song of sixpence ...
OH assures me he is a genius. So of course, I agreed!
Gotta be a Golden Eagle!!!!! No? Awww

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Hi all
Hate being a downer (again) but a sad and unsettling visit to my darling mum. Walked in to find lovely Tea Lady gently trying to persuade mum to have some coffee. Mum has happily and successfully been using a straw. Tina told me she'd been with mum 15 mind but no joy. Now as many of you know, these folks have to deliver drinks to each resident and really can't hang about but she'd done that for mum. She really is a top lady and things like that mean so much. I managed to persuade mum to take about half her coffee. I would appreciate some help here though it's not really the thread but you may know someone like me - I have a 90 year old mum in the final stages of mixed dementia. Yesterday after 9 days of mainly sleeping, she rallied and even had a brief but perfectly sensible conversation with me. Today, she seemed to barely process my questions/attempts to chat and when she did understand me, all she could manage was a very delayed reply or just "Er" and no more. It's like there is a blockage ( for want of a nicer word). We know that the blood supply to her brain is affected by narrowed arteries so it could be that. However unlike yesterday I fed her lunch and she ate a fair portion of her main course and half her pudding. So that part was encouraging. She wasn't asleep during the time I was with her but her eyes were half open and the various members of staff who popped in got that beautiful smile. I left feeling unnerved and unsure - this is a new development. Has anyone experienced this? I'm so sorry if I'm gatecrashing the thread of you lovely people whose HIs are affected but I feel comfortable here. There are, of course, serious matters discussed but also a good dose of humour which helps me so much. I'm including my good friend @smartieplum

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Hi all
Hate being a downer (again) but a sad and unsettling visit to my darling mum. Walked in to find lovely Tea Lady gently trying to persuade mum to have some coffee. Mum has happily and successfully been using a straw. Tina told me she'd been with mum 15 mind but no joy. Now as many of you know, these folks have to deliver drinks to each resident and really can't hang about but she'd done that for mum. She really is a top lady and things like that mean so much. I managed to persuade mum to take about half her coffee. I would appreciate some help here though it's not really the thread but you may know someone like me - I have a 90 year old mum in the final stages of mixed dementia. Yesterday after 9 days of mainly sleeping, she rallied and even had a brief but perfectly sensible conversation with me. Today, she seemed to barely process my questions/attempts to chat and when she did understand me, all she could manage was a very delayed reply or just "Er" and no more. It's like there is a blockage ( for want of a nicer word). We know that the blood supply to her brain is affected by narrowed arteries so it could be that. However unlike yesterday I fed her lunch and she ate a fair portion of her main course and half her pudding. So that part was encouraging. She wasn't asleep during the time I was with her but her eyes were half open and the various members of staff who popped in got that beautiful smile. I left feeling unnerved and unsure - this is a new development. Has anyone experienced this? I'm so sorry if I'm gatecrashing the thread of you lovely people whose HIs are affected but I feel comfortable here. There are, of course, serious matters discussed but also a good dose of humour which helps me so much. I'm including my good friend @smartieplum

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Hi all

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
I'm sorry I pressed Post by mistake and hadn't checked my message for spelling errors.
Tina had been with mum 15 MINS
Meant folk with OHs here
Yes, including my friend @smartieplum as her mum has this wretched illness but she is not at mum's stage thankfully. She has been, and continues to be, a Star.
OK will end here. Have made a real pig's ear of my post. So sorry and hope you can make sense of it. Thank you so much.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Lovely to hear from you and stay with us. I haven't experienced this but I have known it happen at OH's home. It is so poignant to hear about beloved mum's smile, sweetheart, understand how this must wrench you. With you all the way, this is sad and unsettling. With you.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Here's one for you which I do use

When BBQing certain fish

What is it.jpg

Answers in any post please.

Together with my late wife I ran a butty shop/deli/off licence/outside catering business for 10 years.
Sold off all the big stuff, kept smaller equipment, most of which I never use, neighbours borrow things like a fish kettle which I do use, I buy RFQS whole salmon and either cut them into steaks/fillets or cook them in the kettle and freeze portions of the shredded flesh for future use.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Here's one for you which I do use

When BBQing certain fish

View attachment 59204
Answers in any post please.

Together with my late wife I ran a butty shop/deli/off licence/outside catering business for 10 years.
Sold off all the big stuff, kept smaller equipment, most of which I never use, neighbours borrow things like a fish kettle which I do use, I buy RFQS whole salmon and either cut them into steaks/fillets or cook them in the kettle and freeze portions of the shredded flesh for future use.
i love it! Interestingly, our what is it sessions at OH home are very very popular.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
What's your best guess ( or knowledgeable input) as to what it's used for.
In emergency use a sharp knife!