Please don't throw me away, breaking my promise

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Assuming a typo for Shove ha'penny, yes
>>>Read all about the game<<<
or, if you prefer a video
You can buy sets of ½d coins and ridiculously priced boards,
https://www.google.com/search?q=sho...-sLgAhWUs3EKHTVlCK0Q_AUIESgE&biw=1366&bih=625
It's easy to make a board out of a piece of scrap laminate, both imperial and metric measurements are available online. Line spacing should be adjusted if using different coins..
OH WOW, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! I can tell them about this. With love and thanks, Geraldinexx

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I played shove ha'penny as a child, I always thought it was probably a pub game but played it at a friend's house.

Glad your pre-op went well, don't forget that in hospital everything seems to work to hospital time, they don't think there is an issue in keeping you there all day.

I'm not sure when your op is, but I do hope it goes well.

The more you do the physio the faster you'll be back in action.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Used to love playing it!
At one time, Tudor era I think, boys wore pink and girls blue, not sure why it changed. Xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Oh what a wonderful place Keith's home is. I got there exhausted from local life, noise, cars etc etc (and goodness me, I live in a so say quiet part of town, well it used to be), feeling low and when I get there the energy of this place ...
Straight into a seminar about the sun and a recording of PLEASE RELEASE ME LET ME GO. So despite my horrible hip, I do a dance to this.
Keith arrives, pretty in pink again, looks at me and says, well you will never guess what he says, and nor would I be able to. He says, WIFE!
So I say, yes, me wife, you husband like the Indians in the movies.
Then Michael row the boat ashore comes on the air and I am singing this and everyone knows it and some are singing along with me and I am doing some actions ..
Keith does his hey ho opera.
A family of visitors comes in with a dog, so that causes a lot of merriment.
Then two ladies come in, husband and relation of a new resident so we make firm friends and tell our stories.
Keith so happy today, he loves lots of people, music, lots going on. Always did love to be in the thick of things, a bit like rabbits do.
His parting words to me: If you can't think of anything else to do, chase chickens.
OK folks, thank you so much for being with me.
love and best, Kindred. xxxxxx

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
Glad you had a lovely visit. The sun is shining where I am, perhaps it's the same with you, and the residents are enjoying the spring time. Everyone feels uplifted once the winter is on its way out xx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Glad you had a lovely visit. The sun is shining where I am, perhaps it's the same with you, and the residents are enjoying the spring time. Everyone feels uplifted once the winter is on its way out xx
Oh Annie, yes, yes, and the sight of daffodils and the birds going mental! Thank you so much and lovely to hear from you.
with love, Geraldinexx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Keith has had a nasty fall/accident. I have been with him since early morning. It does not look good but doctor has been called and I think he will rally.
I have been with blue eyed boy telling him how much I love him, thanking God when he presses my hand a little.
More anon, folks, thank you with all heart. I will be back to report progress. Geraldinexxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you with all heart, guys. I am so grateful for your support. Doctor has been. Keith has not fractured anything but nose and one eye deeply bruised. He must have fallen on his face, doc says. K home are having an enquiry. I will be in first thing tomorrow and will report.
all my love, thank you that I am not alone with this.
Geraldinexxxxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Such a shock for you, I hope Keith makes a swift recovery. We live on a knife edge so much of the time.
Take care, Alice, xxx

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
So sorry to hear this. Hope Keith is recovering and the care home can take appropriate action.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you all for your loving support. I went in very early to see Keith. He was sleeping and came round once or twice while I was with him. Once when I was singing pretty woman to him, he loves that song. But pretty much comotose. Not worse anyway.
This has obviously been such a shock to his body and head. I think he has the strength to pull through. Thank you all so very much, I will update tomorrow. with love, Geraldinexxx

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
When dad was in his NH and becoming at risk of falls he had a few nasty falls straight onto his face some of which required stitches. I think dad had lost any awareness to put his hands out to lessen the impact of falls. I hope Keith is comfortable and recovers quickly. I too always felt it must be such a shock physically and mentally when they fall.

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you guys. Just home. Keith seems a little better, so much so that the nurses decided to get him up and bring him into the lounge rather than another debilitating day in bed.
He doesn't really recognise me or respond to our hey ho opera but he was able to eat some lunch and I could sing to him and stroke his hand.
He will be put back to bed as soon as I leave.
I can't afford to have feelings right now, you know what I mean, all of you.
Love and best and thank you so much for your loving messages. Geraldinexx