Please do not flush sanitary towels down the toilet

welshcath

Apr 17, 2015
Thank you all for your replies ... I am new to this site and to dealing with Alzheimers. So any information is appreciated.

Spamar and Beate ... That must be a nightmare for you both :(

I have as suggested by stanleypj, ordered some sticky labels from Amazon. We will give those a try. I can't see it working myself but can only try.

welshcath

Apr 17, 2015
Update - Success

Update .... I received the A5 sticker from ebay and stuck it on my mothers toilet lid, (underside) and so far so good. She is now taking heed and putting them in the bin :)

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
I hope I will be forgiven for posting something light hearted on a serious topic but every time I see this thread it reminds me of when I stayed with a group of friends in a rather old style B&B in Chester.

Displayed on the bathroom wall was a notice - "Please use the bin for sanitary products and only flush toilet paper down the toilet. This is because we have a sceptic tank"

We giggled our way through that stay trying to bring the word into the conversation as much as possible. Well, we were student nurses and liked a bit of fun when off duty!

welshcath

Apr 17, 2015
I hope I will be forgiven for posting something light hearted on a serious topic but every time I see this thread it reminds me of when I stayed with a group of friends in a rather old style B&B in Chester.

Displayed on the bathroom wall was a notice - "Please use the bin for sanitary products and only flush toilet paper down the toilet. This is because we have a sceptic tank"

We giggled our way through that stay trying to bring the word into the conversation as much as possible. Well, we were student nurses and liked a bit of fun when off duty!

LOL .... I can imagine :D
:D