Please can anyone help or advise

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
The same occurs in many Diabetics and in those with Hypertension (high blood pressure)

I know when my mother high blood pressure was high, and her blood
sugar level was high her temper was bad. that I use to get confused thing her temper was down to her AZ, but when they level out her temper fine .

PS

Thinking about it nurse done her blood pursuer when her diabetic was out of control sugar level really high also blood pursuer , Nurse / doctor warn me to keep it under control Or it make her AZ worse . mum lost her temper with nurse and I . Then when she came around again and mum sugar level was fine, also her blood purser , as doctor had up her blood purser medication . she was fine with nurse , since I have now got it all under control, she was even fine with nurse coming around to take her bloods the other day .

Last edited:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Sounds to me like you've been extremely unfortunate Helena in the people you know or are related to. However, we are not going to provide support of anyone if we get bogged down in such things. For the record: my mother had hypertension and you couldn't have found anyone sweeter. However, I don't assume that everyone with my mother's diagnosis was exactly like her and and don't expect anyone else to assume that their experience is anymore global.

I wish I could think of a solution for the poor OP. It does sound Rob as if you have an almost impossible situation on your hands, and to be honest, it doesn't sound entirely like the most common dementias. However the statement "when you've seen one person with dementia you've seen one person with dementia" should always be at the forefront of our minds.

Honestly, I'm surprised that you haven't had a law suit if he's as abusive to your staff as you say. I would imagine that it's only a matter of time before this happens. Have you discussed this with the company solicitor?

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Honestly, I'm surprised that you haven't had a law suit if he's as abusive to your staff as you say. I would imagine that it's only a matter of time before this happens.

May be because when you seen one person you only seen one person , as some people are loyal to they management when they find they manger acting out of charter , then some people are not loyal don't care less so sue . :D

Last edited:

Helena

May 24, 2006
Margarita as you have said

Your Mother is bad tempered if her blood sugar or High blood pressure are out of whack

My husband is the most placid person you could meet except for the 6 long long years it took us to find out what was wrong and that was only because the blood tests simply did not show the problem ..........it does not in some people

We have 5 different Diabetic friends and 4 of them openly admit they have filthy tempers if they are not exceptionally careful to keep everything they eat and their meds in very strict limits

Of course there could be lots of reasons why the OP s Father has a bad temper ...........but given that he is already Diabetic and has High Blood Pressure I still think his doctors are missing the fact and since we know he wont tell them about his temper or his memory he probably has not told them abbout his memory probs either how are they to help

Just because I am not a Doctor does not mean I do not know or understand how the human body works

And since my husband is only well now thanks to me stubbornly refusing to accept "we cant find anything wrong "his blood tests are Fine " scenario over 6 very long and very very difficult years and all the countless hours i have spent since on a helpline assisting others to find help and the right doctor .........theres no reason to criticise any suggestions for areas that might be considered when someobne asks for help

We all have different experiences and deal with different issues and for eg a Coeliac will understand the difficulties another coeliac has but unless we live with one we most likely will not have a clue

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
We all have different experiences and deal with different issues and for eg a Coeliac will understand the difficulties another coeliac has but unless we live with one we most likely will not have a clue

I live with someone with diabetes and I know a lot of people with diabetes - they are no more or less temperamental than any of the other people I know. The same goes for myself and the people I know with hypertension. I also know a fair few people with coeliac disease and have never heard that this can cause ill temper.

As you say Helena, we can all only speak from our own experiences.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I have thyroid problems and high blood pressure, and am the sweetest tempered person you would wish to meet.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello again Rob..

The debate goes on!!

I too have high blood pressure!!!

Only flip my lid when pushed over the edge..not very often..:D

You have a wealth of options to choose from..

Consider them all...

Please keep us informed..we do care..

Love Gigi x

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Rob,

I don't want to get into the illness issues, but I have some other questions for you.

You say your Dad owns the Company - is there a board of advisers or any kind of management reference group? If so, can they help you to stand up to your Dad about his behaviour?

I know it is not ethical to do this, but could you video (perhaps on a mobile phone?) one of his tantrums and confront him with it?? You could say something like: "Dad, these are not the actions of a rational, healthy man. I am convinced you are not well. Let us look into this further" - or something similar. Sometimes drastic situations require drastic measures.

As far as your Dad's staff are concerned, I think you might need to get them on side by explaining you are doing everything you can to get your Dad the medical help he needs.

In Australia, the staff could complain to WorkCover (OHS body) that they are not safe in their workplace, because a safe work place includes both physical and psychological safety. Obviously your Dad's levels of abuse create an unsafe work place psychologically for some (if not all) of his workers. WorkCover would then act to ensure their safety.

Are your workers in a Union? Perhaps they need to be encouraged to seek union action??

I realise this all seems incredibly harsh, because it is your Dad and I'm sure you love him. The trouble is, he won't have a company for much longer if he keeps going the way he is. I'm surprised he hasn't had mass resignations already.

I am presuming you are his "heir apparent" for the business, so I am afraid it needs to come back down to you in many ways. If police are called and your Dad is a picture of calm and rationality, TELL the police yourself that this was not the case a little while ago. Your word about your Dad will probably be taken more seriously than other workers.

I realise I am suggesting you stand up to your Dad and I know this is an awful thing to have to do, but it does sound as if he is out of control (for whatever reason) and really should step down from the company. If he goes too far one day and injures a worker physically, he may face jail time for it!! :eek:

Please know that despite my apparently hard hearted attitude, I am desperately sorry for you and for your Dad. The only other thing I can suggest is that you start encouraging him (if you aren't already! :) ) to "retire at 70". You could talk about the big retirement party as if it was a given, etc. and see if he is even vaguely receptive to the idea?? Whatever happens, please let us know how you get on.

Thinking of you and sending you best wishes for strength to cope with this very difficult situation.