Please advise

Sunnyjane

Mar 22, 2020
My mum is 86 with dementia. She still goes to the local shops everyday,I cant stop her she lives alone and has a carer goes in 3 times a week. I visit 3 or 4 times a week with shopping, have to go in and sort it or she leaves ut out what should I do.during this awful time.

Aprilsunshine

Mar 22, 2020
I’m in a similar position although mum lives with dad. She wants to go out all of the time and gets angry if she thinks we’re not letting her go . She obviously can’t even remember about the virus and when it comes on doesn’t really get it. We are going to print some ‘official ‘ posters warning over 70s not to go out and post them through the door and stick them around the house. I doubt this will work for very long. Has anyone else got any good ideas?
X

Sunnyjane

Mar 22, 2020
I am thinking of moving Mum in with us for a while but doing know if that's a good idea or not? I am working from home it would be easier in terms of shopping etc and also keep an eye on her and stop her going out?;big decision any thoughts on this,??

Buskitten

Dec 10, 2018
I’d welcome any advice / tips / good ideas too, it’s a nightmare.
One thing I have done is get a white board which I’m going to fix to wall ( or she’ll take it away) with basic info on like not to go to shops and that a veg / food box is being delivered, hair dresser cancelled etc.
No idea if it will work but worth a try. xxxx

Sunnyjane

Mar 22, 2020
I was thinking of putting a note on the inside of the front door saying the same and popping the paper through the door every morning it's the main reason she goes to the shops. I cant stop contact totally but will be careful i will try this out for a few days and see if it works ?

BSN

Oct 1, 2017
Sorry if this sounds daft but it may help if you make the signs as ‘official looking’ as possible. I read somewhere that certain generations are far more compliant with rules and instructions if they are perceived to come from an official. Just a thought. Best of luck.

Buskitten

Dec 10, 2018
Sorry if this sounds daft but it may help if you make the signs as ‘official looking’ as possible. I read somewhere that certain generations are far more compliant with rules and instructions if they are perceived to come from an official. Just a thought. Best of luck.
Brilliant!