• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Please advise

Sunnyjane

Mar 22, 2020
My mum is 86 with dementia. She still goes to the local shops everyday,I cant stop her she lives alone and has a carer goes in 3 times a week. I visit 3 or 4 times a week with shopping, have to go in and sort it or she leaves ut out what should I do.during this awful time.

Aprilsunshine

Mar 22, 2020
I’m in a similar position although mum lives with dad. She wants to go out all of the time and gets angry if she thinks we’re not letting her go . She obviously can’t even remember about the virus and when it comes on doesn’t really get it. We are going to print some ‘official ‘ posters warning over 70s not to go out and post them through the door and stick them around the house. I doubt this will work for very long. Has anyone else got any good ideas?
X

Sunnyjane

Mar 22, 2020
I am thinking of moving Mum in with us for a while but doing know if that's a good idea or not? I am working from home it would be easier in terms of shopping etc and also keep an eye on her and stop her going out?;big decision any thoughts on this,??

Buskitten

Dec 10, 2018
I’d welcome any advice / tips / good ideas too, it’s a nightmare.
One thing I have done is get a white board which I’m going to fix to wall ( or she’ll take it away) with basic info on like not to go to shops and that a veg / food box is being delivered, hair dresser cancelled etc.
No idea if it will work but worth a try. xxxx

Sunnyjane

Mar 22, 2020
I was thinking of putting a note on the inside of the front door saying the same and popping the paper through the door every morning it's the main reason she goes to the shops. I cant stop contact totally but will be careful i will try this out for a few days and see if it works ?

BSN

Oct 1, 2017
Sorry if this sounds daft but it may help if you make the signs as ‘official looking’ as possible. I read somewhere that certain generations are far more compliant with rules and instructions if they are perceived to come from an official. Just a thought. Best of luck.

Buskitten

Dec 10, 2018
Sorry if this sounds daft but it may help if you make the signs as ‘official looking’ as possible. I read somewhere that certain generations are far more compliant with rules and instructions if they are perceived to come from an official. Just a thought. Best of luck.
Brilliant!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hjc1972