Playlist for Life

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Wonderful response on that clip.
I'm sure it will be good for Bill Izzy, knowing how responsive he can be from Solihgull and Launde. I can't believe he can have changed so much since then, despite his infections etc. since.
Even though Dave has a lot of CDs and a player in his room which I put on for him as do the carers, I have been gradually transferring various songs on to my MP3 player for him. A mental health nurse in the home, started to do this for him with her own ipod but she has now left.
She said she thought having the headphones on was a help but I'm not sure about the safety angle of the cord if I am not there. He has light headphones in his drawer for the CD player but he doesn't seem to be given them to use. I also don't think they would be comfortable for him in bed where he spends 20 hours a day. I use 'in the ear' ones for my audiobooks at night but they can hurt! The nurse only used big over the ear ones.

Certainly worth a try though. I think Bill would love it! x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I think he will Saffie. He loves music. I think you can get wireless headphones but I suppose the need a wifi connection!!

I haven't listened to the clip on the link yet. I was in a cafe (again!!). Now I'm
waiting for the dentist to open. I have an appointment at 2 with the hygienist. Just as well I didn't have cake !

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I bought Dave a pair of wireless headphones some years back but I don't know whether he ever used them They have a base which connects to an adapter plug but I can't find the adapter! They don't need wifi to connect to a device as there is a lead which goes from the headphones to the base. Wish I could find the adapter!