Platinum Jubilee Champion

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Hiya, I am so very humbled to have received this and was unfortunately unable to go (please read below how I was one of 70 out of 3,000 nominated, who have been invited to the Palace) because of my illness, but it doesn't take away how proud I am to receive this. Please remember there is a dedicated team behind me who work so hard behind the scenes and help me make everything we do happen, without them, none of what we do would be possible but the most credit has to go to my incredible wife Elaine without whom? i would not be here. I have known for a couple of weeks but wasn't allowed to tell anybody until Friday 3rd June 2022 at 7.30 pm as you will read

It would have been an honor to receive this personally From Camila and Prince Charles, but it's now "In the Post " as they say lol

Huge thank you to Lesley Strzalko from my birth town of Bolton for kindly nominating me, so very kind

best wishes

Norrms

Congratulations, you are a Platinum Champion!

Dear Norman

We are delighted to let you know that you are one of our 490 Platinum Champions! You have been nominated by someone due to your outstanding commitment to volunteering.

Together with our President, Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall, and in partnership with The Big Jubilee Lunch, the Platinum Champion Awards were launched by Royal Voluntary Service to celebrate extraordinary volunteers who go the extra mile to improve the lives of others. Proudly supported by our corporate partner M&G, the awards recognise volunteers from all corners of Britain and a range of causes.

The entry standard was incredibly high, and we received over 3,000 nominations. We think you are truly amazing. In addition to being a Platinum Champion, our expert panel of judges have chosen you as one of 70 Platinum Champions and we are delighted to offer you and a guest:
  • Two seated tickets for the Platinum Party at the Palace in London on Saturday 4th June
  • Two tickets for the Eden Project’s Big Jubilee Lunch in London on Sunday 5th June.

Please RSVP to let us know whether you will or will not be able to attend as soon as possible and no later than Friday 20th May by clicking the button below. We have sent you a letter with the same details, please note you only need to RVSP once. We have also informed the person who nominated you.​
Photo ID (preferably a Passport or driver’s licence) will be a requirement to attend.

As a Platinum Champion, you will receive a specially designed, official Platinum Champions pin and a signed certificate from The Duchess of Cornwall.

At the Jubilee Lunch you will receive your pin and certificate. If you cannot attend the event in London, Jubilee Lunches are happening all over the country, which can be viewed here. If you are unable to attend the Jubilee Lunch in London, we will send your pin and certificate via post.

Please note the news that you are a Platinum Champion is strictly confidential until 7.30pm on Friday 3rd June. For this reason, you must not share this news publicly, such as on social media, with the press or your charity.

After this date, you can then tell whoever you would like.​

Attachments

• 285817952_10159578314523153_5015560067774047134_n.jpg
    285817952_10159578314523153_5015560067774047134_n.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Congratulations Norrms. It is a pity you are not well enough to receive your award in person.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Hiya, I am so very humbled to have received this and was unfortunately unable to go (please read below how I was one of 70 out of 3,000 nominated, who have been invited to the Palace) because of my illness, but it doesn't take away how proud I am to receive this. Please remember there is a dedicated team behind me who work so hard behind the scenes and help me make everything we do happen, without them, none of what we do would be possible but the most credit has to go to my incredible wife Elaine without whom? i would not be here. I have known for a couple of weeks but wasn't allowed to tell anybody until Friday 3rd June 2022 at 7.30 pm as you will read

It would have been an honor to receive this personally From Camila and Prince Charles, but it's now "In the Post " as they say lol

Huge thank you to Lesley Strzalko from my birth town of Bolton for kindly nominating me, so very kind

best wishes

Norrms

Congratulations, you are a Platinum Champion!

Dear Norman

We are delighted to let you know that you are one of our 490 Platinum Champions! You have been nominated by someone due to your outstanding commitment to volunteering.

Together with our President, Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall, and in partnership with The Big Jubilee Lunch, the Platinum Champion Awards were launched by Royal Voluntary Service to celebrate extraordinary volunteers who go the extra mile to improve the lives of others. Proudly supported by our corporate partner M&G, the awards recognise volunteers from all corners of Britain and a range of causes.

The entry standard was incredibly high, and we received over 3,000 nominations. We think you are truly amazing. In addition to being a Platinum Champion, our expert panel of judges have chosen you as one of 70 Platinum Champions and we are delighted to offer you and a guest:​
  • Two seated tickets for the Platinum Party at the Palace in London on Saturday 4th June
  • Two tickets for the Eden Project’s Big Jubilee Lunch in London on Sunday 5th June.

Please RSVP to let us know whether you will or will not be able to attend as soon as possible and no later than Friday 20th May by clicking the button below. We have sent you a letter with the same details, please note you only need to RVSP once. We have also informed the person who nominated you.​
Photo ID (preferably a Passport or driver’s licence) will be a requirement to attend.

As a Platinum Champion, you will receive a specially designed, official Platinum Champions pin and a signed certificate from The Duchess of Cornwall.

At the Jubilee Lunch you will receive your pin and certificate. If you cannot attend the event in London, Jubilee Lunches are happening all over the country, which can be viewed here. If you are unable to attend the Jubilee Lunch in London, we will send your pin and certificate via post.

Please note the news that you are a Platinum Champion is strictly confidential until 7.30pm on Friday 3rd June. For this reason, you must not share this news publicly, such as on social media, with the press or your charity.

After this date, you can then tell whoever you would like.​
While it is so sad that neither you or your devoted wife could attend it is a magnificent honour to have bestowed which reflects so positively on your ‘teammates’ also. May I add my congratulations sir.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
While it is so sad that neither you or your devoted wife could attend it is a magnificent honour to have bestowed which reflects so positively on your ‘teammates’ also. May I add my congratulations sir.
Thank you xx

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
I’d like to add my congratulations too. Well deserved & well done Norrms & team Norrms ?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976