Planned visiting

How to respond to older family sibling behaviour?

• seek legal advice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pursue multiagency advice

• send reminder letters to older siblings

• Total voters

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Whose name is the LPA in?
Yours or your younger brother?
Is it Health & Welfare, or Financial?

Sorry to ask so many questions, your posts are quite vague, to answer fully.

Bod[/QUOTE
Hello Bod, Lpa originally was going to be in both nsmes, but sadly younger brother passed away. LPA then granted to me in both Health & welfare/financial,due to the vulnerability of elderabuse/safeguarding issues the family members placedmum in.

Hi
Great relief, I had visions of the LPA being in your brothers name only, and you trying to use it!
In regards to your families knowledge of dementia, I suggest you introduce them to this forum. They will either become educated or frightened off! Both to your advantage.

Bod

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I don't think their problem is the circ but your attitude.
I really don't think that any of us is in a position to know what the problem is for Corriesgals's siblings. It does seem as though she is doing her best to protect her mother and fulfill her duties as LPA.

Regarding the financial abuse, we have heard of this happening so many times on this forum. It is so sad that a loved child can act this way towards a parent. I am presuming that you don't leave much money with your mother for safety's sake.

A female older family sibling member principally wrote about her thoughts and feelings, not identifying with Mum's needs. I counter responded by reiterating the need to prioritise Mum's health and wellbeing. Her visits are approximately every 4-6 weeks, occasionally in the company of her husband, (who then endeavours to carry out non qualified medical dementia tests).
I'm wondering , in view of what you have said about the way you have heard your sister speaking to your mother and the above extract from your first post, if your sister and BIL have doubts about her diagnosis. Especially, as he tried to test this.
That might explain a lot.

notsogooddtr

Jul 2, 2011
I'm sorry,I wasn't making a judgement on your decisions,more a comment on their perception of them.