1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Bee P

Bee P Registered User

Feb 22, 2015
    Help! Mum, who has vascular dementia and Alzheimers has just last week been given a pivotel box. It sounds an alarm at 8,30am, 12,30pm, 5pm and 9pm for her to take her tablets. She was at the day centre all day today after which I whisked her off to an Italian restaurant for dinner then a sunset special at Bristol Zoo. We got home at 9.30pm but in the car the pivotel sounded the alarm for her 9pm tablets. When we got home I realised that the box had only released the 5pm dosage which in all the activity I completely forgot to give her. Mum has been reliant on sleeping tablets for 48 years, but the pivotel box has not released them in her 9pm dose yet - no idea when it will release them later. Does anyone know how these boxes work? I am afraid it will go off at 1am and wake her, if she isn't already awake as could just be a short sleep due to no tablets. Do I put the pivotel in the car until the morning so it doesn't wake her?

2. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006