PiP payments

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
A few weeks ago, while out for the day, I had what we now know was another minor stroke. I was taken to hospital near to where it happened, but 60 miles from home. I know it caused enormous problems for my wife.
Following the event there has been a decline in my abilities, as I had been told might happen if I had further strokes.
Despite the many negative aspects there is one positive. While in the hospital I was visited by a benefits advisor, amongst others, who was surprised that I hadnrt made a claim for PIP payments. As a result I made a claim, and waited with dread for the face to face meeting, which I was told could be up to 6 weeks away.
Yetserday I was very surprised to get a letter from DWP telling me that I dont need a face to face assessment, the letters confirming diagnosis, DVLA saying I must no longer drive and from my pension provider telling me that I have been retired on grounds of ill health were adequate evidence. I have been awarded PIP and was told that I would get back payment until the date of my claim, and that this would credit my account tomorrow. In fact it's ther today.
Many thanks to DWP

kingybell

Feb 3, 2015
Glad you've had a positive outcome with the pip.
I had similar positive experience 2 months ago.
Finally the benefits people seem to be getting it together.

Let's do a celebration dance!

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
can I ask what is pip my MIL has VD and has lived with us for 21/2 years. we have just claimed AA high rate and got it and been told can get 25 % of Council Tax so waiting to see o that one .MIL has Personal Pension and some fro her late husband .

malc

Aug 15, 2012
north east lincolnshire
pip is the new name for dla.have you told the council you are both carers for mil so they don't disallow 25% because of non dependants at the address.

Last edited:

JigJog

Nov 6, 2013
This is fantastic John and lovely of you to post such a positive thread. :)

kingybell

Feb 3, 2015
Pip is for under 65s. My mil gets a 25% council tax bill now but had to have proof of diagnosis to get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75