Pip been accepted

kingybell

Feb 3, 2015
Had a better day today after Monday's drama. Mil back is strained but she'll live and seems better today.
More importantly I've just had a letter to say the PiP has gone through and mil is getting enhanced component of both. Yippee! I don't know if to cry or cheer.
They are back dating it to Jan. I know it won't make her better but it will help keep her out of poverty and afford healthier food.

The form only took 2 weeks to make a decision so was pleasantly surprised.

To top it off I got an award for a job well done at work today too!

kingybell

Feb 3, 2015
It's a personal independence payment a bit like attendance allowance for under 65s.
We had to jump through hoops to get it so really relieved its gone through and maximum payment has been awarded. Mil is getting worse so it will be a welcome payment to care for her.

Perdita

Jun 22, 2009
Suffolk, Uk
Shame on me, I should have known that as I know someone who receives it- sorry brain on auto drive after a trying day :eek:

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
No, kingybell, it's also replacing DLA so is for over 65s as well. I know have filled in that massive form! Unfortunately have to have a medical which might take 6 months. Meanwhile, my blue badge and car tax will run out.....why do they have to make things so complicated..

kingybell

Feb 3, 2015
No, kingybell, it's also replacing DLA so is for over 65s as well. I know have filled in that massive form! Unfortunately have to have a medical which might take 6 months. Meanwhile, my blue badge and car tax will run out.....why do they have to make things so complicated..

It's such a pain I know spamar really sorry they have to assess you. Have you got any supporting evidence like a Dr report you could give them? We didn't get the pip form for 3 months and then I got social services involved and they helped me fill it in. I provided a 5 page medical report from the memory clinic and they accepted that without assessment ( although she had one for ESA about 5 weeks ago) On application it took 2 weeks in total.
I found the process to get to application stage very distressing and the lack of joined up thinking from benefits office really annoyed me.

I think in total I made about 30 phone calls to various people to eventually get here and then 3 visits from various dwp people non of who talk to to each other.
There is support for people with Dementia but you have to find it all out for yourself. Why don't they just put it under one roof?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peej