Pip again

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
I was first assessed for pip 18 months ago. The time for reassessment came around Christmas. My wife completed the form. She was pleased she had the option to say no change. Some things have changed and we said so.
Last time I didn't have to go for a face to face. Today I found out that this time I do. I'm really worried about it. Any advice please?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Talking Point mobile app

danonwheels

Apr 13, 2016
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
The only advice I can offer (as someone who has been on indefinite DLA for years and transferred to PIP last year) is that the assessor will be watching and listening to every tiniest little thing. And they lie in their reports. You have the right to ask for a copy of the report and in a lot of cases (as in the majority) the assessor has lied and been inaccurate in their findings.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Well, if the pip assessor lied, it was in my favour! Or maybe I'm worse than I like to think I am. I think it was JugglingMum who said my head is 20 years younger than my body! Not dementia, btw.

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
Hi John my friend. we have both had a rocky path and as you may remember ha ha, i had quite an adventure with the pip team for nearly a year but did eventually win by taking them to tribunal and i then got even more than i had asked for....result!

others i have close dealing with have fairly recently been re assessed at face to face and although they make (or allow) you feel small and almost a thief, you are entitled.
chin up and out, take whatever they throw, you are easily up to it, and win through my friend.

answer honestly, fairly and fully. do not be embarrassed by your dementia and/or the things it puts you through. tell them straight, with feeling, how it IS.

If i can win so can you my friend. go get em.

Wayne

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Can you take someone with you, a close family member, for instance, and are they allowed to comment? Just asking on my brother's behalf.

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
hi again john, have you got a date for your appointment with destiny. if you do not want to say it here then please do email me as i would very much like to wish you luck on the day and have my fingers crossed and thoughts with you at the time,

wayne :):):cool:

leicester61

Aug 26, 2012
Leicestershire
I was first assessed for pip 18 months ago. The time for reassessment came around Christmas. My wife completed the form. She was pleased she had the option to say no change. Some things have changed and we said so.
Last time I didn't have to go for a face to face. Today I found out that this time I do. I'm really worried about it. Any advice please?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Talking Point mobile app

Hi John51
There is a really good website called Benefits and Work where you can get guides which walk you through the appt. I have this so if you would like me to email it to you just let me know.
Good Luck

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
so sorry for the on going probs my friend. my eyesight is still getting worse, noiticably, since the major event in september. good luck with that as well as friday. will be thinking of you for that and the MRI trip. is it still last years stuff ongoing?

Wayne

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
sorry to hear that john. after all the stress of the build up and then hit like that. obviously they do not have enough people available to cover if a person if off for any reason. with only millions unemployed it must be so tough for employers to find a person to do a job. sorry again but good luck when ever they deem you worthy of some time.

wayne
:mad::mad::confused:

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
The next step has happened. I got a letter saying that they have everything to help them make a decision. It seems a bit of a waste of postage, but my wife says it will stop us contacting them saying how long will it all take