pill dispensers

dodgyneck

Jul 14, 2015
We keep Mum's tablets in a small locked tin out of her reach so she cannot "tidy it away". Her pharmacy will not deliver and place in the tin so I need a dispenser that they will fill and bring but she cannot open, does anybody know of one?
thanks

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
As a different solution we used a care agency to collect mum's dosset box from the chemist, take it to her and lock it in the medicine box. The key lived in her key safe with the front door key so she couldn't get at them. It worked well for the couple of years it needed and they only charged a very small amount on top of her care visits.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If she can 'tidy away' tablets if they are not placed in a locked tin out of her reach what's to stop her tidying away a locked dispenser.

Would the pharmacy agree to put the medication into an external locked post box, you can get secure versions. They can then be moved to their normal safe place by the person who administers them.

You can also get locked boxes that fit inside a door over the slot, this would mean that she had no access to any post which may also be considered a good idea.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
We had a weekly docit box, which the chemist refused to deliver. Some chemists do deliver so maybe change chemists> Could you get it delivered to another address so your Mum can get her hands on them?

To keep them safe in the house a cheap safe from Argos does the trick, with the same code as the lock box for the front door key that the carers use. This was the only way to stop mum overdosing on her pills. You need carers to dispense the medicines however. Sounds like you might have that in place already.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
We keep Mum's tablets in a small locked tin out of her reach so she cannot "tidy it away". Her pharmacy will not deliver and place in the tin so I need a dispenser that they will fill and bring but she cannot open, does anybody know of one?
thanks

When I looked at this for my father, no chemist would fill the automatic pill dispensers, because there was no space on the tray for all the labels.
The solution was either I filled the dispenser, or used Dosset boxes from the chemist.
We ended up with the carers collecting the dosset boxes, and keeping them out of reach in a locked brief case. (Combination lock rather than key, just keep the number secret!)

Bod

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger