Pill Dispenser Device

PillDispenser

Oct 20, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a student currently studying for an Extended Project Qualification at A Level, looking to study Industrial Design at university.
I have been researching medicine adherence in people with mild dementia, and how this can be improved with the application of pill dispenser/ reminder systems. My task is to design an improvement to the function of these systems and to prototype this, comparing it to such products currently on the market.
I would really appreciate feedback from people with experience in caring for people with dementia and your experience in using such devices or about medicine adherence- such as how these products could be improved, or what you would expect such a product to be able to do if you were to buy one. For people that have experience with pill dispensers, were there any issues that you found with the use of it, and for people that have not used these, what were your reasons for not trying a pill dispenser?

Thank you very much,

F

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hello F,

My dads been using one of those " cat feeder" type dispensers for about 2 years now. It has an alarm which beeps until the dispenser is tipped upside down and the pills dispensed.

It worked very well at first but now dad just takes the pills out and leaves them on the coffee table. So I have to go a persuade him to take them. This normally takes me about 30 mins and makes me late for work.

Can't think of a solution for this...

Last edited by a moderator: