Piles, colonoscopy and clear soup!

andrear

Feb 13, 2008
Yorkshire
Dear Chess

Hope your mum is on the mend and in particularly that you are OK.
Your mum should feel much better in herself in a few days time. I'd keep an eye on her diet for a while yet, but when Jon had his piles dealt with a few years ago, we were recommended to keep off any form of white bread, pasta etc. And now we use high fibre bread which many supermarkets now stock. He also takes porridge, all bran flakes etc. And I have to say it has really made a big difference. We have a good diet usually, until my blipps!!, and have lots of fresh fruit and veg. He was also told to have more water, not really cold though, and not to think that he was drinking lots of water, just because he drank lots of coffee!
The changes in his diet over the last 2 years has been fantastic.
Love Andrea

ps. don't forget about YOU in all this. Take extra care of yourselve/
A

madala

Aug 15, 2006
south wales
colonoscopy

Hello Chess
I can only pass on my experience with my wife Kath who has alaheimers, had the procedures a couple of weeks ago .she had 3, mouth ,stomma & bottom ,the food part was ok as it was a 24 hr fast but getting her to drink the 4 sachets was more difficult and controlling the bag output was difficult .On the day it went quite well ,the surgeon and nursing staff were very good they asked me to stay with her throuout the whole procedure to keep her calm even thuogh she was sedated .It went very well and we were on our way home after 5 hours.
As far as food and drink was concerned I able to get by with water and clear juices such as peppermint
I hope all goes well for you both and good luck
MADALA :)

madala

Aug 15, 2006
south wales
Hello Chess
I seem to be a bit late giving advice .Glad everything seems to be going ok .And hope the final result is good look after yourself you are the important person.
MADALA

CHESS

May 14, 2006
LANCS.
Thanks

Thanks, again, to you all for your advice and concern.

Madala,

No problem! I often miss some of the posts myself. Can't imagine where our minds are to make us do this!

My Mum had more of a "normal" day today, with none of her distressing episodes.

Best wishes to you all.
Lovexx

Auntiep

Apr 14, 2008
Midlands
Endoscopy

Thanks for posting this Chess (sorry if I've got you're name wrong). My Mum has to have an endoscopy, so I can share in some of the advice given.

I'm glad you're Mum is feeling better now, and that God was obviously watching over your Mum by providing you with a surgeon from Church :)

Take Care

P xx

CHESS

May 14, 2006
LANCS.
Dear Auntiep,

Glad we've been of help. Hope everything goes well with your Mum. Please let us know how she gets on.

Best wishes.x

daisylady22

Jan 10, 2013
hi, which soup?

Iam sure that chicken noodle soup is okay, or consomme soup.. Iam up against the same problem my self today and tommorrow..

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
My husband has had colonoscopies for years.

You do not say whether your mum will be admitted or an outpatient.

The preparation is not easy even if you are well. All tinned consommes are fine. Tea with no milk is fine. Fruit teas - fine.

But protect your mum's bed and mattress. Even if she is usually continent.

Ask for maximum sedation for the procedure. It is not pleasant.

She will feel rough afterwards. There is usually cramp and wind and some bruising and 'discomfort' for two or three days. The older you are, the harder it is.