Picking at spots etc.

Johnno

Dec 26, 2013
Exmouth, Devon
Hi My wife Brenda was diagnosed about 4 years ago. She has other health problems also. She has always been a compulsive spot picker and now with hardly any memory and not able to do much she sits and picks at spots etc. When they begin to heal she then picks off the scab making the wound worse than before. Her body is now covered with lesions of different sizes. I try to dress her wounds and tape over them to prevent picking but to no effect.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do ??? Thanks

Johnno

Dec 26, 2013
Exmouth, Devon
As well as putting a plaster on the wounds , have you tried putting one one her thumb and index finger?...Might work.;)

Thank you for your suggestions and links. Have tried most things but it seems to be related to boredom and her dementia has meant a severe memory loss nut still knows how many beans make eight. Activity aprons would get me a really old fashion look. She is too aware .
I dress the wounds but she takes it all off as soon as my back is turned. The GP said it is not worth dressing the wounds but they are running sores. I expect time will solve my problem.
Thank you again.