Physio

LeoLetty

Feb 22, 2021
Hello,
We are new to the forum as our mum has Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia.
She has recently had a fall but due to Covid the hospital physio don’t do visits and have sent her exercises in the post. Unfortunately she doesn’t remember to do them.
Is there a way of finding (a database) a private physio who is used to dealing with dementia and elderly people? We are in Norwich, Norfolk.
Thank you.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello and welcome @LeoLetty

I wonder if the support helpline would be able to help with that. Click this link to find them

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
The physio gave OH some written instructions for exercises as he has a lot of falls. Unfortunately, he forgets to do them and cant follow the instructions anyway, so we do them together and he follows what I am doing.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
they left a booklet, exercises for the older adult as my husband had falls and they realize he has a weakness on left side[dominant] from his TIA and found his leg and hand shakes. they had to stop them because his copd was making him too breathless.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
I found my OH's private physio via a local fitness clinic. It was the best decision I made.
The community physio department just wasn't interested in him as they assumed he wouldn't take instruction which was nonsense in his case. They have worked wonders with him.