physical reaction to loss horrible

catbells

Jun 14, 2010
Cambridgeshire
5 weeks today Mum passed away, on Sunday 15 March Mothers Day. . For three weeks I was strong, calm etc, but now my body is reacting, one thing after another, cold sores/ cystitis, and this week inner ear infection with severe vertigo-horrible. :(The mediation makes me drowsey, and even more tearful. Sundays at 3.45pm proving dificult for me, reliving the day. I expected a reaction, but nothing like this. Years of worry, stress, frightened, responsibility. I`, the only child. Oh dear! I will survive. One day at a time with a little help from my doctor! Trying to keep my mind and body busy, but the health issue preventing it, no doubt the body is saying ok, enough is enough, letting go of the stress now it`s time to look after myself REST rest rest.....no housework, no gardening, thankfully retired so no work obligations. Hopefully this will be short lived , but realise it`ll take as long as it takes.
Anyway else had similar reactions?
Heather xx

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I hope you start to feel better soon.

I had unusual reactions too, including UTIs and a couple of months of very dry eyes - it made it impossible to wear my contact lenses which I'd never had that problem with before.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hi

It's five and a half months since my husband died, I am visibly shocked at the effect it has had on my health both physical and mentally, slowly I am trying to get my life back on track although I realise it will never be the same as it was, I can see a glimmer of light!

I think what I am trying to say is that none of us know the effect the loss of a loved will have until it happens, to me what you are saying sounds a normal response to intense grief, try not to be too hard on yourself. Give your body and mind time to heal. xx

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Grief seems to go straight to my throat. I suffered a constant sore throat for months after my Mother died and again in January this year following my husband's death. As I received not a glimmer of sympathy from the Doctor the first time I just took paracetamol this time, a good multi-vitamin, lots of rest and sadly at last a bit of time for myself. Did the trick thank goodness with regard to the throat if not the emotions. So rest, relaxation and time seems to be the prescription for coming to terms with bereavement and its physical effect on the body. Hope you feel better in time. WIFE

catbells

Jun 14, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Thank you, it is comforting and reassuring that we are not alone still suffering, but perhaps with addition problems after our loss. I`m beginning healthwise to feel better, due to the help of the medication attempting some housework today, trying to pace myself. I am also aware I do need to physically and mentally rest. Spring is here with warmer weather to come time to sit with nature in the garden and recover.
Take care and thank you
Heather xx:)

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I haven't been in your position, catbells, but I have had really horrible physical symptoms in reaction to stress before.

I sympathise and am glad you see the need to rest, rest, rest. Housework and gardening are not important but you are. Take really good care of yourself, and I hope that eventually your body will heal and you will be back on an even keel once more.

Big hugs x

catbells

Jun 14, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Thank you again. TP is a fantastic place!
Byee for now
Heatherxx:)

I haven't been in your position, catbells, but I have had really horrible physical symptoms in reaction to stress before.

I sympathise and am glad you see the need to rest, rest, rest. Housework and gardening are not important but you are. Take really good care of yourself, and I hope that eventually your body will heal and you will be back on an even keel once more.

Big hugs x