Photos

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I am not posting any photos in groups as I do not think my mother would consent to her picture being sent to anyone except for close relations and friends.

I have taken so many photos of her during these last few months, including movies of her walking along the garden path, partly as evidence for myself that she really is improving.

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
I have 2 problems with posting pictures here. One is similar to Lila in that my Dad is a private person and would probably not like his photo shared. Then again he might not mind but I can't really ask him at the moment.

The other problem is I'm not too good on these computers and wouldn't know how to post a picture. Is there some help for this already on the site?

Zan

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Zan, Our Brucie has done a tutorial on this:

Attached Files Putting a picture on Talking Point resizing page 1.pdf (141.3 KB, 19 views)
Putting a picture on Talking Point resizing page 2.pdf (124.9 KB, 8 views)
Putting a picture on Talking Point resizing page 3.pdf (101.0 KB, 5 views)
Putting a picture on Talking Point resizing page 4.pdf (234.8 KB, 6 views)
Putting a picture on Talking Point resizing page 5.pdf (149.7 KB, 6 views)

Hope this helps, Connie

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Photographs

Hi Zan and Lila

I understand entirely about people having reservations about posting pictures of loved ones who have dementia.

It is a personal choice - of the person posting them, because mostly the person concerned is not in a position to say either yes or no. The normal assumption would be to say no, for anybody.

So why do I post [a few] pictures of Jan, as she is now?

It is in part accepting her as she is. If she is someone to be kept out of other people's view because of her condition, then one might think that there is some shame involved.

There is no shame.

Jan is as brave as anyone I have ever witnessed and though she is hugely disabled by her dementias, I'm so proud of her.

Dementia is something that is generally thought to be a condition that old people have. Jan was 50 when hers became obvious. Facilities for people as young - and younger - than Jan are bl**dy awful in general, and if we will ever improve them, then we need to bring to the public's attention that there are needy people of a younger age out there.

Clearly it would be inappropriate to post some pictures - indeed I would take only pictures that are acceptable in the first place.

Overall, it is a decision that each family must make. I like to think that Jan would wish that something positive might come from her plight.
zan said:
I'm not too good on these computers and wouldn't know how to post a picture. Is there some help for this already on the site?
what sort of information would you need? Have you looked at http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/talkingpoint/discuss/showthread.php?t=2599

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
I will have a look on the files/ sites you have mentioned Connie and Bruce, thankyou. It is lovely to see the photos of Jan, Bruce and all your jokes have cheered me up today. I have had a very long coffee break reading them all. Zan