Photogragh Telephone

Curlie

Jul 24, 2007
South East London
When Iwas last on here I was waiting for my mother-in aw to be assessed . She now has been dianogised as having vascular dementia ( excuse the spelling).

One of our main concerns is that she can no longer use the phone but the OT has said that there is a telephone on the market that replaces the numbers with peoples faces. Does anyone know about this phone or better still have one at the moment.

Last edited:

kazlou

Feb 3, 2006
Surrey
Hi Curlie,

I too would be very interested in a photo/picture phone as my Mum who has Alzheimer's & Vascular Dementia is finding it very difficult to use the phone.
So any idea where it can be purchased would be great.

Kaz

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Thanks for this thread and link. Both the phone and the mobile phone look really simple to use. My Dad gave up on his mobile years ago and struggles with the cordless phone, but these could give him some freedom and us some peace of mind. Thanks.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you very much. This is such a useful link, whenever we might need it.

Thank you kazlou, and Milly for finding it, and Curlie for letting us know it exists.

Curlie

Jul 24, 2007
South East London
What great sites

Thank you girls for the links they are brill. Luckily one of the sites is in london so will ring up and find out some info on them.

We recieved a copy of the assessment letter that the O/T sent to the doctor, and what a great letter she has written.Now we know the reason why mum was unable to grasp the tablet depenser ( unable to identifiy the difference in digits, letters and spaces), we have now come up with a new idea that seems to be working.(Fingers crossed.) On a daily base we put her tablets out on to prompt notes and although she has trouble with reading ,she seems to remember whats on the notes.:)

WELL ONCE AGAIN THAK YOU FOR THE LINKS AND FOR ALL THE SUPPORT MYSELF AND OTHERS GET FROM THIS SITE.

Take Care
Lisa