Phone divert to dementia Call Centre?

Fearnodarkness

Jun 10, 2014
Is anyone using a system which can divert calls from one number to a dementia support line / company that can field calls? I have heard there are such things but not sure where to start. M is beginning to call later and later.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mannie

Mar 13, 2014
Bracknell area
Is anyone using a system which can divert calls from one number to a dementia support line / company that can field calls? I have heard there are such things but not sure where to start. M is beginning to call later and later.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I have not heard anything like that.

How about setting your answerphone with a message saying ...xxxxxx are asleep now as it is 9:30 at night. Can you leave a message and we can talk in the morning.

And then turn off the sound so the ring does not wake you.

Maybe you can think of it as, you can't care for someone if you are not getting enough sleep or your nerves are affected by waiting for that phone to start ringing!

Also, visit GP and ask them to engage the community psychiatric nurse to help you with strategies.

I have read so many times that these behViors are a phase that will pass, and have experienced that , on the whole this is true. So you need to continue to look for a tactic whilst you wait for it to pass.

Also maybe consider is your parent getting enough physical and social activity in the day time , that might be the cause, if they are not. CPN should be able to advise you on this since mental wellbeing is as important as physical this is enshrined in government policy.

Fearnodarkness

Jun 10, 2014
Thanks for that encouragement.

The answerphone is a bit difficult as we use the same line for work during the day so would have to keep changing it. We might think of something a bit more creative :D

If this looks like setting into a pattern I will bring it up when we go to the consultant on her Aricept review in September. That seems to be where the psychiatric nurses are based. (I only found that out by accident.)

Trouble is she tries to "co operate" but she gets "mardy" if she's asked to do anything differently, takes it personally. She always has! That isn't going to change :(