Phone call from home

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Just had the phone call from the home to say Mum now has stopped eating and drinking. They have spoken to the GP and the advise is to keep her comfortable. Mel tells me that I should visit today rather than leave it until tomorrow. I don't know how long this transition will take but please keep us in your thoughts that it will be smooth and peaceful, without distress.

The tears are coming as I write. I don't know how long this will take but I know that wherever she goes it will be better for her than where she is now.

Mameeskye

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear Mameeskye
Oh Mameeskye, I am sure the staff will keep mum comfortable and pain free. Your mum will soon be free of this disease. My thoughts are with you and your family. I know you wont feel it, but try to keep strong.
take care
hendy

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Mameeskye,

I'm so sorry to hear of your news - wish I could give you better than a virutal hug {{{{HUG}}}}.

I wish with all my heart that this will be a time of peace and calmness for your mum with no pain or anguish.

I'm sure "her angels" will be with her.

Love

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Mameeskye,

You're in my thoughts..I wish you peace..

And strength for this stage of your mum's journey.

With love..gigi xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Mameeskye,

You have been expecting this phone call for such a long time and now it has come you are in shock.

I do hope your mother is comfortable and pain free and you will all soon be released from this agony of waiting.

You are in all our hearts and minds and we can only hope for an end to all the suffering.

With love xx

Tina

May 19, 2006
Dear Mameeskye,

This is such a difficult time, and you and yours and your mum are in my thoughts. I hope whatever lies ahead will be peaceful, comfortable, and painfree for your mum. I'm sure the staff are doing their best for mum.

Sending you caring thoughts,
with love, Tina

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Mameeskye

The wait is over, and the dreaded phone call has arrived -- and it's still a shock, isn't it?

Your mum will soon be at peace now with her angels, her suffering over.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your mum and your lovely family now, and I hope your mum has a loving and peaceful passing.

Love and hugs,